1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Preserve pheasant hunting: Virginia??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by sernv99, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I want to put in at least two trips to hunt pheasant this winter....with the lack of public hunting land in my neck of the woods (northern VA) I plan to to look for at least one guided preserve hunt just to satisfy my hunting itch this season....

does anyone have a good recommendation for a reasonable priced guided hunting preserve? I live near Dulles Airport so anything within a 2 to 2.5 hour drive would be good. some of the ones I checked out, in Remington and Warrenton VA, are pricing about $250 to $275, for a half day hunt, max of 6 to 8 pheasants, with guide and dog....

thanks.

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The last one of those that I did, I didn't even need a gun. I suggest one of the heavier Tennis rackets or even a 4 iron. You won't have to worry about biting into any lead that way.

3. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

unfortunately,a trip to SD for wild pheasants is not on my travel schedule this year so preserve hunting has to suffice for this season :-(

4. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Native Shore in Queenstown, MD. Not a wild bird hunt for sure, but strong flyers and inexpensive compared to some. For a little more adventure than a feed row hunt, ask that your birds be planted in wooded hedgerows. Call Keith Leaverton on the phone because google information on this place is largely incorrect as far as location.

5. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

Try T&T Shooting Preserve in PA about a 4 hr drive for you, they are reasonable, i go 2-3 times in the winter and take my own GSP and a friend or 2 we have a ball.Joe Phone #724-677-2609
    [​IMG]

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

I don't know about pheasants, but you live close to a rich peasant hunting area. I do not know what the bag limit is for peasants in DC and what type of license is involved. I believe a quick call to the DC Police or even the Secret Service will get a prompt response.

Pat Ireland

7. pullhit

pullhit TS Member

Another very nice preserve hunting spot is Primland. This location will probably be a bit farther south than sernv99 would want to travel but is one of the premier preserve hunting areas. Located at Meadows of Dan in southern Virginia very close to the NC border, birds are early release and, although not comparable to wild birds, provide a very satisfiying hunt. I try to get there 2 or 3 times a year, early before grouse season to get in the swing of things and then again just to hunt with old friends. Great golfing in the summer months and a very nice sporting clays range.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.