1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Prescription Trapshooting Glasses, Frames & Lenses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

If you are color blind, or cannot see Green very well use the darker Burgundy colored lenses, was told this by eye doctor.

GB
    DLS

2. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Bob, contact Maltzahn on here. He'll fix you up.

Denny

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I just received my RX autumn gold transition lenses from Maltzy and they are fabulous. I used purple on the bright days but I plan on never taking these transition lenses out. Kind of scary how well I can see with them.
    Maltzy is a great guy to deal with. You wont go wrong using him. He takes the time to answer all your questions.

4. arend003

arend003 Member

got my glasses from Maltzy are the autumn gold transition lenses new? sounds like a lens I would like.

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Why would you want transitional lenses for shooting? Just wondering.

Jb

6. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Thanks Boy's....appreciate the vote.

XL Aris Autumn Gold is a great Trivex lens material. Manufactured in MN. The transition is shallow compared to the old gray/bronze trans lenses made for street use, but they became too dark for shooting clay targets anyway. The Autumn gold starts at a tint level #2 gold and with direct sun light transends to a tint#3 orange/bronze. Were designed for hunting, but works well for orange targets. The more the light, the more the accent and the darker the transition. The trivex offers the safty of poly and the clarity of Cr-39. Its the clarity that shooters really like if they have been shooting in polycarbonate. Trivex does cost more. Just the blank is 100.00 higher in cost.

Google Autumn Gold lenses.

Maltz

7. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

I agree with many of these folks. Go to Maltz and order a pair of Autumn Gold -,your problem with changing tints for changing conditions will be over. Malts and his company are top notch in the eyewear arena. A bspendthrift, but worth every penny. Give him a call after visiting the Autumn Gold website. You.'ll be glad you did...cya

8. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Bob, I'll make it a point to come to MN this year. I'll drag Maltzie along, too. Last MN state shoot we went to, Steve broke the 200 and went another flat and a half in the shootoff. He won the Non-res all around, too. I'll bet he'll go again since neither of us got arrested.

'Course, since I got the SW Iowa Clowns up to the Cabela shoot in Owatonna, they're regulars there now.

Look for us one o' these days. The Crown will be a real inducement :)

9. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Morgan Optical Wayne Morgan will give you all the answers for the color you need. I have a RED & Green deficiency and he made me a lens that works day and night . 1-800 594-0175 He also does the prescription lens to with anti reflective and scratch resistance coatings Great people to deal with. Pat

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I would also second Wayne Morgan - he's my guy... but I would also give Maltzahn 2-Thumbs up for touching on a subject that isn't discussed enough - impact resistance...

Trivex is a newer impact resistance material on the market which rivals traditional CR39 plastic for clarity, but has very good impact resistance and I also believe tints well... traditional eye glass plastic just doesn't provide enough protection...

We only have one set of eyes... don't buy cheap!

Best regards all,

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

are autumn gold transition lenses glass

cost autumn gold lense

prescription trapshooting glass frames
trapshooting prescription glasses