1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Prescription shooting glasses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by abby748, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abby748

abby748 TS Member

Just wondering if shooters are having no line bifocals put in there prescription shooting glasses. Going to have a set of prescription shooting glasses made and need the distance correction but not sure I should put in the no line bifocal too.

2. arend003

arend003 Member

when I ordered my RX glasses I went with just the distance part of my prescription and they work fine.. don't feel I need the bifocal for shooting.

3. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

I can see up-close well enough to function - but need distance correction. So I just go with distance correction in my shooting glasses and if I need to look at something up-close while shooting I tilt my head back and look under the shooting lenses - I see no need for the extra $$ for bifocals in my shooting glassses --- but you may be different.

4. abby748

abby748 TS Member

If you only get one pair of lenses what is the best all around color?

5. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Plake,

Best all around color depends a lot on what background you shoot against. I use Vermilion because I shoot against a tree line and Vermilion makes the green trees go darker and the orange targets brighter. Checkout the color recomendations at morganoptical.net.

Eric

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Plake No no-lines distance correction only they are for shooting not reading. If you carry a bag with your accessories in it put your reading classes in it the if you need to read you will have them.

I also wear no-line bifocals the only time I tried to shoot with them(because I forgot my shooting classes)was a disaster the width of the no-line bifocals is narrower in the middle and when you roll your eyes to the target just before you move your gun your focus will change back and forth. Not good.

Color becomes a personal preference I use medium Bronze for everything except night shooting.

Bob Lawless

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I had an aviator set of frames fitted with distance only correction lens in a violet colored len. There great

8. abby748

abby748 TS Member

Thanks for the responses, guess thats why we have so many choices, everyone is not the same.

9. abby748

abby748 TS Member

Anyone try the sharp site colored lenses?????

10. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

to paraphrase Tuco......When you have to shoot, shoot, don't read......

when I am done shooting, my regular specs (either clear or Sunglasses) go on, the ones with bifocals....

11. samiam03

samiam03 Member

Isn't there solutions for fitting over prescription lens so you can use a range of colors?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

prescription trap shooting glasses