1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Prescription Shooting Glasses?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BBman, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBman

BBman Member

Is there anyone out there that makes a good set of prescription shooting glasses at an affordable price? Thanks

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Define affordable. Mine were $500 ... Decots with 3 sets of colored lenses. Bill Malcolm

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Post 4 makes good prescription lenses; however after going thru three sets of lenses per year I've decided to go another route. Isent my script to Morgan optical & ordered a set of Ranger sporters with my basic script & 3 sets of tinted clip ons , med yellow, vermillion & cmt. This way you only have to change your base lenses. The only drawback is the Ranger system is a little bit heavier than Post 4's. Post 4 is a great company,service is second to none. But since I'm such a nut job about this sport & get my eyes checked every year to avoid another excuse for missing targets I'm hooked on the Ranger system. CMT's are really great in bright sun, the targets GLOW !!!!

Phil Berkowitz

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

On average expect to pay around $150-$175 for single vision prescription shooting glasses. Don't know how that fits your budget but it's not an expense, it's an investment.

Eric

5. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine bought some name brand glasses (like XL Rangers) and found a place that installs inserts that make the glasses prescription. All you do is get your eyes examined and send the glasses and the prescription to the place and they install them and send them back. I think he paid like $100 for the inserts and it was in the LA area somewhere. You can probably do a search for prescription glasses inserts...

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Get the Decots, worth every penny.

7. tomd1948

tomd1948 TS Member

Call me and I will see if I can help you.
    www.texasshootersoptical.com

8. johnjohn91387

johnjohn91387 TS Member

Why don't you give Lehman Optical a call at 928 632 0069 and talk with them?

They can set you up with what YOU want.

OTOH, I agree that prescription glasses are an investment. Choose your lens shades/colors accordingly.

John

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Do you have to wear Rx lenses?! Two options... contacts coupled with "plano" lenses if an option could be a more cost effective option... OR, what about the Ranger Sporter - Rx Frame + clear lenses + clip-on plano lenses.

Polycarb is still the impact resistant leader over CR39 plastic...

Jay

10. Bill Marsh

Bill Marsh Guest

Any recommendations for someone to put plain lenses in my Armani sunglass clip-ons?

11. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The company that makes the inserts is Sved Optics in Temecula, California. The inserts fit close to the eye. I have a set with bifocals that cost about
    $170. I have used them about 7 years and highly recommend them.

12. gotbass

gotbass Member

I second the sved optics they go on the NYX carbon system first rate and lots of colors. I had Post 4 and they were great product but not as cost effective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.