Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prescription Shooting Glasses Question

5K views 24 replies 22 participants last post by  Jon Reitz 
#1 ·
48 years old. Finally got off my ass and got that 1st dreaded eye exam. Glasses work great...can't believe the clarity I was missing. I shoot with the Randolph Engineering Ranger XL series of glasses. I would like to have some lenses made with my prescription that will work with those frames. Who out there has done this and what can I expect to pay?

The day I picked up my glasses (Clarkson Eyecare in St. Louis) I took my Rangers in with me and had them quote me on making a pair of lenses there...$175.00 was the number. Is this about right or way high? Thanks in advance. Everyone have a great Thanksgiving.

Michael Brown

#2 ·
Wayne Morgan... Morgan Optical, Olean, NY (800) 594-0175... Wayne can make the lenses without question, however expect he may request the frames, so he may modify to accept Rx lenses... BUT, Wayne is the BEST!

Have dealt with Wayne for more than 10 years... unequivocal recommendation... leading Randolph dealer.

Jay Spitz

#8 ·
Be real careful when getting lenes for shooting glasses. I had a pair made by a local eye glass suppier and they were never right. Save yourself some grief and use a shooter friendly person. Morgan, Robertson, Clarence Willis, etc. You can find them at any large shoot. Depending on material and RX lens should cost you about $100.00 to $150.00

#9 ·
Consider getting a pair of Autumn Gold lenOSS for your Ranger frames; that's what I did and am quite happy. They are a new product, unlike tinted glass they are designed just for shooters...

Check out the Autumn Gold at the website below. I believe any of these optical people can provide you with these new lenses. Cost is higher because of the lens design. Mine were $190 fitted to my Ranger Frames. Just check them out before you buy the tinted poly glasses. As a side note, the Autumn Gold is the only lens I use now. I don't need to switch tints with changing conditions. With that in mind, the cost is alot lower since with tints you'll need two or three colors to cover changing conditions....

Good luck in whatever you do....

Go here: www.x-celoptical.com/autumn_gold.php

#11 ·
A second for Morgan, at the grand this year took my frames in because they were old & had broken the brow bar (sweat bar) went into a couple other dealers & was told they can't be fixed. On a chance I took them into Morgan they said that they were guaranteed for life with just an exchange & refitting fee so for $20.00 I walked out with a brand new pair freshly fit & adjusted. Now why didn't the "others" tell me that????? Ross Puls

#13 ·
Another recommendation for Wayne Morgan. I ordered my RX Ranger XL's over the phone with no trouble at all and the customer service and turn-around time was fantastic! I ended up buying another pair of Ranger XL's for my son a few months and received the same great service. He also told me about the lifetime warranty.

Brad

#17 ·
I called Wayne this morning at Morgan Optical. He was great. I decided to go with the Sporter RXs, then add on both dark purple and light purple clip-ons. He said I would have them in about a week. I will post an update with the results. Thanks for all the tips.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.