1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Prescription lens

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jimv, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimv

jimv TS Member

Could someone give me some in sight about RX lens for my Ranger XL frames. If I send in my prescription how do they adjust your pupils to the lens how you look at the target vs how they line up your pupils straight for normal glasses. Would I need to see someone special or is it a normal setup for shooting glasses and can send in for the correct lens. I'm new to getting glasses and will need them to shoot with also. Thanks.

2. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Send pupillary distance, they can figure it out that way.

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Any eye glass place can measure your pupillary distance, you don't have to see the doc. Takes a minute,

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Usually the optical center of the lens is placed 3MM above the center of the lens on shooting glasses. The optical center of the lens is where the full perscription is. Inorder to get 100 percent of your perscription you should be looking through the optical center of the lens. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.