1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Prescott Trap and Skeet Club, Arizona

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gil, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gil

Gil Member

> Prescott Trap and Skeet Club located on Hwy 69 just east of Prescott
    > Valley AZ (10800East State Route 69 Dwy) has started a new membership
    > drive. The club has 4 trap fields, 2 skeet fields, and a sporting
    > clays range. Also, we have a pistol range available to members only.
    > The club is open from 9am to 2pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturday and
    > Sunday. Any current member who successfully introduces a new member
    > will receive a shot card for 5 rounds as will the new member. If you
    > are not a member please come and see what we have to offer. If you are
    > a member, bring some shooting friends and claim your 5 round card. We
    > welcome all who practice safe shooting! For more information please
    > contact the club at 928-772 9539. George Miller
    >
    >

2. Hauser

Hauser Member

Gil

Several years ago the Prescott club stopped holding registered trap-shoots because they had enough active members to support the club and didn't want to be bothered.

What happened?

Jerry Hauser

3. bas

bas Member

GIL...glad to see Prescott T&S is alive and well....and along with many other AZ residents would love to see you back on the ASTA schedule, hosting ATA registered shoots. Hoping you have some trapshooters amongst your club members that would be willing to make that happen. I miss the Prescott Club and the summer trips there to "escape". Please do not hesitate to contact any of the ASTA Board if this may be something that can be worked out.

Betty Sackett

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Gil,

I would bet that if the club started (Re started) registered shoots there would be a bunch of people who would sign up and becomes members ... ATA, PITA, something, anything ... You folks have a nice little club up there and its a shame its not being used to the max ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. BAMA

BAMA TS Member

Even though I don't shoot anymore, I would rejoin PTSC in a skinny minute if they started holding registered shoots again. I am sure alot of other people feel the same way. It was one of the few clubs in Az that could host a summer shoot.

Don Myers
    Prescott Valley

6. littlebear

littlebear TS Member

I am sure many of the Arizona shooters would be happy to return to Prescott.
    Not that the Zone shoot didn't go well sown south this year, but I would rather have shot it in Prescott.

7. bas

bas Member

Not only AZ shooters, but surrounding states as well. I would just like to see Prescott back in the mix, however, I do understand their position regarding the financial aspect. With a small club like Prescott, you need a lot of volunteer's and their decision not to hold registered shoots has been due to lack of "help".

8. Gil

Gil Member

Trapshooters, Thanks for the encouraging words. For a lot of reasons PTSC has not held a registered shoot for years. We have a new board and I am going to try to interest them in a big 50 program on Wednesdays. My idea is to start small and see how it goes. My original post was to get more members as the facilities are very much under used. The idea of a big 50 could result in new members and maybe volunteers for future registered shoots. For now, it is one step at a time, but at least we are trying. George Miller

9. Bozeman

Bozeman TS Member

George,

I for one thank you for what you are trying to do in Prescott. Prescott has always been a great place to shoot. If memory serves me correctly there were many Trap Shooters form the Valley that volunteered to help Prescott with ATA shoots. My guess is that the offer still stands. Please let the new board know that there is an Army of shooters 80 miles South ready and willing to help Prescott return to ATA shooting.

JP

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You may get some more shooters, now that Red Mountian has closed.

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have attended many shoots at the Prescott club and more times than not they had a huge crowd of shooters from all over and managed to get them all in on the shoot ... I shot late a few times due to poor planning on my part, so the number of shooters never was a problem for the Prescott club from what I saw ... The shoots were usually very well attended and ran very well besides ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. bas

bas Member

Hey, George...first of all, thanks for "trying", your interest and your involvment....I know Mohave started holding Big 50's and has had good success with them. His info is on the ASTA website on the Mohave Club page if you want to discuss with him. In the meantime, do no hestitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to help encourage Prescott holding summer trapshoots again.
    Betty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

prescott arizona trap teams

prescott az trap clubs

trap and skeet clubs in az