1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Prescott Arizona Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by W.P.T., Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have not been up to Prescott Trap and Skeet since they quit holding registered shoots, not sure if they have anything other than trap and skeet ... Its a nice small club and the people who ran it for the most part ran some pretty good shoots, then a new board got voted in and that was the end of that ...

I have been told that there are some great deals on property and homes up there, but I have not been up there to check them out ... Its only about an hour away from Ben Avery so thats a big plus if you move up there ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

See if you can raise Prescott Gene here on the threads. He'd know how to answer your questions. Maybe even try a private message to that name......Bob Dodd

3. bgf

bgf Active Member

Pat,

PTSC has a hand gun range for members only. Plus five stand and fitasc. Two skeet fields with one trap overlay plus 5 trap fields. One is set up for Wobble and one for doubles.

The Sportsman's Club in Prescott is 600 members with rifle and pistol ranges. Small and large bore events held monthly.

Prescott Valley has a pistol indoor range at High Noon Shooting Pallor with weekly competition shoots.

Housing prices are done right now like the rest of the country.

Nice place to live.

Regards,
    Bernie

4. JEB

JEB Active Member

Hi Red,

My wife Karen and I moved to Prescott from Long Island around Jan 1. So far we think it's great. People are nice, they are not bumpkins but everyone is so polite you would think that you were transported back to the 1950's. The surrounding area is beautiful, taxes at least by New York standards are really low, and there are some super bargins in real estate. We live about 15 miles north of the town center in the Williamson Valley area. About 10 years ago this was ranch land and there still are plenty of antelopes around -- coyotes as well, and even a bobcat or two. Prescott itself has many amenities such as good places to eat, both a VA and community hospital, stores of all kinds and plenty of gun shops too.

As for trapshooting, both Karen and I are active shooters. We joined Prescott Trap and Skeet right off. They were very welcoming, but it is true, no registered shoots. We use it for practice, you can drive right up and start shooting, literally no waiting. A Ten round ticket costs $55.

For registered shoots we have been going to Ben Avery which in my opinion is a world class facility. It's about an hour and a half from our home, but remember that we are north of town. Today we shot one of the AZ chain shoots at Casa Grande, a real nice and very active club, but a 3 hour drive from our home. There was also a registered shoot up in Kingman, 130 miles away. Next week Ben Avery hosts one of the chain shoots. I think that it starts Wed and goes through Sunday, which seems to be typical here. The following week is the Arizona State Shoot in Tucson. No shortage of opportunities here.

To some up, on our way home today from Casa Grande, I asked my wife how she truly liked it here. (She grew up in Queens and has lived on Long Island or in New York City her entire life). In her words, "I love it here!"

Why don't you e mail me, we can exchange phone numbers, and although I am no expert on Prescott, I would be more than happy to give you some more detailed information.

John Bergman

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I used to live an hour away from Prescott. Whats not to like about AZ?? I would love to go back some day

6. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

Lived in Sedona for six years (lovely people, screwy city) and Prescott was the only place to shoot clay. Very pleasant club, but up on that mesa, if the temperature is below 60* and the wind is blowing, believe me, it's frickin' COLD. I wouldn't even go if the temperature wasn't supposed to hit 60* for the day, especially since it was an hour's drive from Sedona.

But if you want cold winters (I don't), Prescott is a lovely place to live. Came very close to moving there when we left Sedona. Instead we came down here to Vail, outside of Tucson, and I'm surprised to find what a desert rat I've become.

Tony

7. JOND

JOND TS Member

I understand locals pronounce it "Pres-kit" and not "Pres-scot". Please let me know if that is correct. JOND

8. Mohave60

Mohave60 Member

Think HAVASU !!!

9. JEB

JEB Active Member

I am at 5,000 feet. We have had perhaps 8 distinct snows since the first of the year, the higher altitudes more. Almost all were gone by mid day, but some of the local mountains such as Granite Mountain and Thumb Butte still have snow cover. The temperature swings as much as 30 degrees from morning to late afternoon. My neighbors say they put the a/c on maybe three times during the summer. Today mid 50's, clear as a bell, by Wed low 70's.

John Bergman

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If you like to snow ski you can drive up to Snow Bowl and see what 12 to 15 foot of snow looks like ... They keep the ski resorts open until the middle of May and longer sometimes because they get so much snow ... Then come down to the Valley and go swimming all in the same day ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. bas

bas Member

Prescott is a very lovely area in the very diverse state of AZ...many of us wish they still had registered shoots at the Prescott Trap Club. We have been told they just don't have enough volunteer help to put on registered shoots...and for a club like Prescott (small) we all know how important volunteer help is in order to keep costs down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

prescott arizona trap teams

prescott trap and skeet club