1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

premium gun rooms with cheap-drop in tile ceilings

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by quartering, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quartering

quartering Active Member

located in the better parts of town: fancy hardwood flooring and oriental rugs; heavy antique furniture, leather sofas and chairs and exotic furnishings; custom gun cabinetry from the floor to the ceiling. millions of dollars worth of gun inventory. but the ceiling is nothing more than 2x4 drop in tiles within a cheap, rickety steel grid, 8 feet off the floor! what's up with that? if you're really trying to overwhelm me with the lavishness and opulence of your showroom, why not provide me with a 30 foot high, had plastered dome with hand painted game images to which i can swing a $30,000 gun past? what's up with all of the cheap, drop in ceiling tiles? fire codes? thanks

2. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Maybe you should point that out to the owner and request a price reduction on that $30,000.00 gun, considering the owner probably saved a boatload on his ceiling choice. That is assuming all of the other fancy items are paid for.

Good luck on that.

John

Hmmmmm . . . . . tastes like I just got a mouthful of bait, but sometimes a fish can't resist or spit it out even when they know there's a hook.

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Are the gun rooms in basements? I hate covering up access to my electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems in the basement. I want access! For a high-end gun room in the basement I would do a fancy drop ceiling. Don't laugh -- I've seen some amazingly elegant tray-type drop ceilings with circular pattens, 3-D tile designs, etc.

-Gary

4. primed

primed Well-Known Member

You sound like a good prospect for Puglisi Gun Emporium. Link above. It's in a very old bank building with muralled plaster ceilings.

Next issue?

Bob

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I hope pety things like drop ceilings don't have that much bearing on your gun buying decisions. Maybe by saving money on the ceiling they can give their customers better deals on guns. Maybe they use the savings to have more inventory on hand. Your not buying ceilings there right? Maybe you were not having luck with conventional bait and decided to try something new?

6. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Going to a premium gun room and bitching about the ceiling is like going to a (good) strip club and bitching about the floors. Let's focus on the task at hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.