1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

premier bath

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BJ99, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BJ99

BJ99 TS Member

Tell me what you think of premier walk in tubs. Please tell me if you have one and what you think.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

My Mother'n'law lost her leg two years ago in a terrible farm accident. They had one installed for her and it is very nice. It is very user friendly. She couldn't climb into a conventional tub anymore. This allows her to simply open the door and walk in. Her's is the type that looks more like a shower stall than a conventional bath tub. It will fill up to almost waist deep with a seat. There are handrails everywhere. I'm not positive theirs was the Premier brand but it is the same.

They didn't tell me what it cost but the company installed it as well as removed the old stuff. They finished the bathroom off where the old tub sat and the new went in. It was done very professionally and think there is a lifetime warranty on the seal around the door. They have had theirs for over a year now and have had no issues. Hope this helps. I can get more info if you need. Send me a PM with any questions and i'll just call and ask her.

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Premier is usually premier in price too. They may be the best though. I shopped around and bought a tub and used a private contractor to put it in. Much cheaper and results suited my dad's needs.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Pat,

If you open the door, I'd bet the water will drain a lot quicker and you won't have to wait as long ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. grntitan

I got a little more info on my mom'n'laws tub. It is in fact a Premier and was installed by the company or a subcontracted installer as she wasn't sure which. Believe it or not, her insurance paid for some of it.

Now for the price, $15,000. I about fell over when she said that. Thats just crazy.

Here is a couple pics of hers.

grntitan_2009_2503104.jpg

grntitan_2009_2503105.jpg

6. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Look at an American Standard walk-in- LOTS cheaper & can be installed by YOUR plumber. You can't open the door with water against it. Order it with the drain pump, so as you can get out right away.

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I was going to ask, Is there a good cheaper one or two or three?

8. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I guess that they are starting to target the 70+ people with phone solicitors.

I got a call from them telling me how easy and wonderful my life would be by using their "walk in" tubs ... I asked him if it was easier and more wonderful than my "walk in shower"?

Must not have had a good answer to that because he hung up!

:)

9. BJ99

BJ99 TS Member

We got ours for a lot less than 15,ooo. The salesman started at 17,500 and we got it installed for 10,500. Still too much but we needed it. After it was installed we found out our water heater was inadequate and had to replace it. Salesman never brought this up. Did they discuss water heaters with you? Also, we reccomend that you contract to have it installed because Premier will send only a plumber and you will be stuck paying for refinishing around the tub.

By the way we installed a tankless water heater and are very happy with that.

10. grntitan

Brian--They did install a Tankless water heater and had some extra finish work around the tub done in that $15K. I guess i should have asked her to try and seperate all the expenses out. I do not know what just the tub itself cost. Still sounds way high. I could have done it all myself but mom'n'pop'n'law have more money than brains. I guess thats not necessarily true. They did have smarts enough to accumulate all that money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.