1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Precision Triggers, Comments Please

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kgun_shooter, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

I've been thinking of purchasing one of these triggers and I would like to hear from all of you trapshooters out there who have experience with it. For example do you think it was worth it, did the trigger perform well, how was the service, etc. All comments are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I bought mine because my Perazzi triggers would change trigger pull poundage too frequently for my taste. I shoot a pull trigger. I've had my Precision now for over five years and the pounds of pull is the same as when I received it. I've had no service work done.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

release or pull? For what kind of gun

4. doc boc

doc boc Member

I have 2 double releases and they are head and shoulders sweeter than any conversions. I like a 5 lbs set and a 2 lb release and Jim will set them as you like them. Jim new sping converion is really neat. you only need one spare spring rather than 2.
    Lastly Jim is great to work with. You cant lose. Doc

5. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Buy one and never look back. They are absolutely the best.

6. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

First off let me say they are by far the best Trigger out there, I purchased one three years ago from Jim at a State shoot for my Kolar.
    These are the issues that I found.

1) The wood had to be inlet to accept the Perazzi style springes ( inside the trigger housing so it's Not visible)

2) The Trigger once pulled and the gun fired it would set the Safety.. Doubles sounded like this "Boom", silence... So I ended up pinning the safety off not good if you ever use your gun for hunting.

3) it's a lot of money for a one year gurantee Jims a great guy He puts out a far superior product than anyone else but I think that he should have done a bit more R&D before putting them out for Kolars.. If your buying it for a Perazzi Awesome !!!

Over all I love mine and would not part with it...

DX

7. UtahYork

UtahYork Member

I have a double release which I love. I dropped it on the floor and broke it. Jim fixed it quickly and for a reasonable price. He's very easy to work with. I need another for my Perazzi! ;)

8. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

A selectable Precision would be the cat's pj"s!

9. Tedky

Tedky Member

I have two double release and one for TM. Had problems with TM took gun and trigger to Jim and he fitted it to the gun and have not had one ounce of trouble since (16,000 targets). Double releases one top 1st, one bottom 1st both are great, no worries when using these triggers. Great service, Jim stands behind his work. If I needed another would not think twice about buying another one.

10. hairtrigger

hairtrigger TS Member

my scores went up with 1 i think they are the best

11. JoZ

JoZ Member

I have had a Precision rel/pull for about 2 years. You won't find a better trigger on the market and Jim and family are outstanding to work with. Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.