1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??Precision Trigger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by glenn mcleod, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

I purchased a precision tigger like new that will not reset the upper barrel and I am shooting reg. Rem. 1 1/8 OZ loads. Any ideas why the second trigger won't reset. I can give it a small tap with the heel of my hand and it fires just fine. Is there an adjustment allen wrench set screw that can be adjusted or does it mean a trip to the manuf. Also does anyone have their name and phone #.Glenn

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Randy Pennington 303 519 9616

3. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Thank You Alf-99

4. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Thanks, Mine is also a dbl release, I will try the spray, that just might take care of it as it just takes a small tap and it resets the other trigger so it will fire. Glenn

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

The Pennington's believe a micro dab of Clenzoil is the best lubricant for Precision triggers, especially release triggers. They even supply it in a tiny bottle with needle tip if you ask for it. Try some.

6. Dednlost

Dednlost Member

Does your stock have a recoil device? If so it can interfere with the inertia action, may need a heavier weight on it.

7. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

I tried the light oil after a good blow job but it didn't make any difference, I even tried a very heavy load in the bottom barrel and it wouldn't set the upper barrel and jet it takes just a small bump with my hand and the second barrel will fire just fine. I'm going to try it in the other gun without the rad system, maybe that will help. Thanks for the ideas. It is just like new and operates perfect for the unsingle but not for the dbls. Glenn

8. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Didn't make any difference in the regular stocked gun. I'm going to call manuf. Glenn

9. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Glenn, you might call Pat Laib ... I'm sure he would have an idea.

10. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Thanks Rick, I will do that. Glenn

11. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Good advice from stubs mine did the same thing. Terry.

12. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Diane Pennington called me this afternoon and said to send it out as it shouldn't be anything to re-adjust the "tree" or the Inertia Block and contrary to the other thread recently there would be minimal or no charge unless parts had to be replaced. She said don't let anyone work on the trigger as it probly is only in need of minor adjusting. Sounded good to me, trigger will be leaving in the AM. Thanks for everyone's help. Glenn

13. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Stubbs above has the right idea. Mine did the same thing and the little bent piece of steel attached to the safety would just hit the top of the inertia weight and prevent it from operating freely. I removed the stock and found where it was hitting and bent the little flat piece up about .030" and have not had an issue since.

Bob Schultz

14. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Sound like I am going to take the stock off and check the safety area. Thanks for the info Stubbs,Terry and Bob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.