1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PRECISION TRIGGER SPRING CONVERSION

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 33ZIGZAG, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 33ZIGZAG

33ZIGZAG TS Member

ARE THE NEW PRECISION SPRINGS THAT MUCH BETTER? THE CONVERSION COSTS 400 BUCKS.
    WHAT ARE ALL THE BENAFITS OF THE NEW SPRINGS? I LOVE MY PRECISION GOLD TRIGGER BUT, CAN'T DECIDE IF THE CONVERSION IS WORTH THE MONEY.

2. Shotgun Julie

Shotgun Julie TS Member

We have found several benefits through our research and testing of the new Precision Gold Springs. The first benefit we have found is that the springs have a longer life. Jim Coons has a cycling machine in his shop that will fire a trigger every two seconds. At this fast rate, our springs will go about 25 to 30 thousand rounds before breaking. We do believe that the springs will last much longer than 25-30 thousand cycles when they are actually used in a gun, due to the fact that we do not fire our guns every two seconds.

The second benefit we have found in our springs is consistency when it comes to spring tension. Because our springs hold their tension, your trigger remains consistent and does not change over the lifetime of the spring (whereas factory springs continuously lose tension over their lifetime). Also, after replacing a broken spring, your trigger will remain unchanged as the new spring is very close in tension as the previous spring (unlike factory springs which can vary 20% in their tension from one spring to the next).

For any of our customers that currently using the new springs, I am interested in your opinion about them as well.

All our best,
    Julie Lambert
    Precision Gold Triggers
    248-497-7930

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have one of the new springs in my TM trigger. The conversion was done last August. I shoot around 700 shells a week and it's fine, so far.

Ed Yanchok

I plan on upgrading my MX triggers whe I run out of my spare Perazzi springs.

4. doberman37

doberman37 Member

The conversion kits and new tyoe springs that Wizz White sells are one fourth the price for the same thing

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

With all due respect, and I do mean respect to a good reputation of making fine triggers. But $400 is a lot of money for converting my own trigger to use a spring that's only available from one company. Not to mention $400 along can buy a lots of factory springs.

The often criticized Perazzi springs has won most of the Olympics since it was first used in 1964. I find it difficult for me to digest such a high cost to convert into something claim to be better (I'm sure it might, but does it makes meaningful differences?)

Not that I'm holding Marcello or Whiz's company stocks, but I do think their spring conversion is easy and cost effective, plus it's easily reversible , we merely paying the cost of two new springs to try, if it didn't bring satisfaction, change it back will not incur a $400 lost.

6. 33ZIGZAG

33ZIGZAG TS Member

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

For the cost of a Precision trigger they should have decent or good springs, They should up-grade their poor springs for better springs, Springs that cost $400 is awful, you want to buy the Brooklyn Bridge for $400? I will throw in the Golden Gate too.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Just another new item to buy just like the HIGH RIB shotguns that were brought out it is not for everyone , put a custom FITTED and PRODUCED shotgun stock and you can shoot ANY SHOTGUN it doesn't matter how HIGH the RIB is, if it fits and shoot dead straight its up to you. PAT

9. 33ZIGZAG

33ZIGZAG TS Member

10. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

It may help some to know ? How much better and why .

I have Perazzi guns and have never had a problem (but I don,t shoot them much)

I would think for $400 dollars you would get a little more then a set of springs .

11. 33ZIGZAG

33ZIGZAG TS Member

12. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

How much is a coil spring for a TM-1 trigger?

13. doberman37

doberman37 Member

If you have to replace one of these springs from precision the cost for one spring only is ninty dollors. I think the same spring from Wizz is thirty seven. I sence a rip off.

14. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I'm not sure it is the same spring.

In the original thread last fall, the Precision Trigger folks had photos that showed they drilled a third hole in the trigger, above and slightly to the rear of the two in the Precision Trigger.

The newest Perazzi version uses one of the original holes. Hard to see how the springs could be the same with different distances between the points where the the spring fits.

That being said, I can't see why one could not use the new Perazzi set-up in the Precision trigger, using the original holes.

I'd like the conversion for my two Precision Triggers, but one of mine is a single hammer (top single). I can't see paying $400 for the double set and another $400 for the single hammer.

Of course if the set-up is as good as it is claimed to be, I wouldn't need a second trigger. Just remove the right foot for the top single and put it in for bottom first o/u.

Hmmmm! I could sell it on....

I want to try to catch Ray Stafford when he is not shooting here at the Florida State Shoot and ask him about the entire set-up. I have purchased from him before and found him to be very honest.

Bob

15. fishguts

fishguts Member

A bud broke a hammer in one of these $1600 triggers...they put in another hammer for free. He was told 200 hammers were incorrectly heat treated or something and his was the 41st. one sent back, so there are 159 waiting to break.

Wayne

16. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

SS1(Bob), does the Precision trigger frames have the extra hole as does the Perazzi MX trigger housings? I ordered a set from Whiz with the new pin/tool for approx 1/4 the cost.

Hap

17. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I "think" so, but I need to compare it to a Perazzi trigger, I guess. But I found Ray today and he is doing both of mine tonight and I won't get them back till tomorrow morning. I am satisfied with the price and hope I'll like the new "feel."

Bob

18. Shotgun Julie

Shotgun Julie TS Member

I personally want to thank everyone for voicing their opinion as it is very helpful to receive feedback from our customers. In recent efforts to reduce the cost of our springs for our customers, Precision Gold explored oversea manufacturing options in hopes to bring the cost of our spring closer to other spring options shooters have. Unfortunately, the quality of the test products we received back did not meet our high standards for quality that we demand with the trigger we have developed. We have decided to continue manufacturing our spring at our shop in Colorado by Jim Coons to ensure we do not compromise the quality we have worked so hard for. This does mean the price of our springs will remain higher than other options available. We do believe that a spring with a longer and more consistent lifespan, more consistent spring tension, and the fact that the spring fits either side, are all qualities that only benefit shooters by creating a trigger that remains the same over its lifetime.

Again, I would like to thank everyone for their input. Good luck and safe traveling for any upcoming shoots!

All our best,

Julie Lambert
    Precision Gold Triggers
    Direct-(248)497-7930
    julie@precisiongoldtriggers.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

changing precision gold trigger springs

ray stafford perazzi