1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Precision Trigger spring conversion

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by perazziboy1, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

I have been thinking about getting the spring conversion for my precision trigger. I am tired of breaking springs every 5000-6000 shots. Would like to know if anybody has had it done and if the springs last any longer. Thanks in advance Steve Wolf

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I had it done to one of their TM triggers over a year ago and it hasn't broken yet.

Ed Yanchok

3. rmy

rmy Member

What does "spring conversion" mean? Are Precision springs different than Perazzi springs?

4. doberman37

doberman37 Member

I dont think thay are any better than the old springs. A friend had one break in the first thousand shots. Thay put no guarentee on them.

5. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Ray Stafford did mine at the Southern Grand this year and I have shot thousands of rounds with both triggers. I shoot a lot and got tired of having the springs break every time I was in a shoot (never in practice).

Now I know this is the kiss of death to say this, BUT-no problems with breakage yet.

Bob

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Anyone out here know how to properly fit a spring..and check the trigger for a damaged link and pin??? OK.. 1 spring has a short life.. well.. OK.. I'll bite.. but a constant problem.. Maybe I'm just the luckiest guy in the world.. I've only broken 1 and cracked one in my lifetime.. Most get changed out at about 20,000 rounds.. Or.. once a year when I shot alot.. I have had to fit more than 1 factory Perazzi spring.. or in fact.. a few others.. Not a big deal.. a dremel tool with a green stone.. followed by a cratex wheel..

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Leaf to coil.. works fine.. You'll never break a spring.. BUT.. if you really know what you are doing.. you'll feel the spring get weaker and weaker over time.. You'll still be changing springs.. just unbroken ones.. or your timing will be changing.. There is no 1.. last forever spring.. Sorry.. sooner or later they all need help.. The larger they are.. the longer they last..

8. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

Thanks for the replies everybody. I guess i have to think hard if its worth it to spend 400$ or just buy a bunch of springs and hope they last. Steve Wolf

9. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

If you are breaking springs every 5000 rounds.. I'd send the trigger to Dan.. at Giacomo sporting.. let him check the trigger out..and fit..if need be.. a few extra springs.. I'll give you 1 spring failure at 5000 rounds.. but more than that.. something is wrong..

10. perga1

perga1 Active Member

I'm with PBB on this. I am on my 4th bottom barrel spring with more than 200,000 firings. I have never changed a top barrel spring but I only have approx. 20,000 firings on that original spring. I have found that I get between 50,000-75,000 firings between spring breakage. Maybe I have just been lucky. JRM

11. Stuart

Stuart Member

We have converted several over to the new Italian Hammer Forged spring and haven't had one break or crack. They come with a year guarantee also. Every one reports faster lock time as well.
    We won't put in the precision Trigger spring, that's a EDM spring.
    It has been about a year since we started this and the early triggers are as strong as when we installed them. I believe this newer spring will fit the bill.
    Stu Wright

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.