1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**PRECISION TRIGGER QUESTION**

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RidefastShootstraight, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidefastShootstraight

RidefastShootstraight TS Member

Can Precision release trigger be converted back to Pull & Pull?
    if so how?? any input greatly appreciated.

RidefastShoot25straight

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I would think it would have to go back to the maker to be retuned. I believe there is a charge for it now. When they 1st came out, they did not charge for the conversion to release or from release to pull. Don't know what they charge to do it.

3. RidefastShootstraight

RidefastShootstraight TS Member

thanks for the reply.

but is this a simple exercise or does it require competent gunsmith to carry out? it will be a bit tricky to return it to the maker coz I am located in Australia!

bought the Precision trigger last year to use in "Bunker trap" only to find out it was outlawed bu ISSF in January 2006. Duh!

RidefastShoot25straight

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I think a competent gunsmith can tune it for you and get the lbs. pull you want. I asked my gunsmith about it and he said it is no different than working on a factory P trigger.

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

The Precision trigger can be converted to pull very easily. Simply drive out the pin that holds the release hooks into the frame and remove the hooks and the small springs located directly under the hooks. Put the pin back in and you now have a pull trigger. Your pull weight will probably be about 5lbs. in both triggers as the release triggers are sent standard with 80oz. set points. Any competent gunsmith can reset the pull weights for you and you're good to go....Dan Thome (Trap2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.