1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Precision Trigger Owners Beware

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dzneff, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dzneff

dzneff Member

A fellow shooter recently sent his Precision Gold Trigger to the dealer for repair. He found the lifetime warranty only applies to the original purchaser. He obtained the trigger with a used Perazzi 2 years ago. When he returned the triger to the dealer for repair, he was charged several hundred dollars for the required new parts. So,Precision Trigger owners beware.

2. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

I have bought two release triggers, one from Mile High and the other from Ray S. I have had to send both into Jim for repairs. The first was not hitting the firing pin consistently. Jim explained that there was a crack in the hammer spring just under the pin that holds it onto the frame. He went through the trigger, put in a new leaf spring and did not charge me for my ignorance. The second trigger had a hammer that failed, and not only was that replaced, but the trigger was gone through, with the most current parts installed. I value the service and customer care. Perhaps they could sell a warranty to a used trigger buyer for some amount. We need to understand that this is a small company and needs to make a profit to stay in business. If you buy a used Pgun and there is a problem with the trigger, can you send it to P to get it fixed under warranty?
    Thanks Bruce

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Their warranty clearly states the fact.

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Yes but people need to know . If you buy a used Precision Trigger and give 1200.oo or 1300.oo for it you will pay 200 bucks before they will fix it . I thought I needed one (used)untill I called Mile High and was told a used trigger would be totaly went through at a cost of $200 bucks FIRST . SO IF YOU WOULD LIKE ONE BUY NEW ( IT,S CHEAPER)

alf

5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Tell me what in the world is warranted for life and is transferable?

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

TOOLMAKER If you read the add in trap & field you would think it is warranted for life . No big deal people just need to know a use Precision trigger is not worth any more then $1,000.00

7. Church Key

Church Key TS Member

All Dillon reloading presses. RCBS equipment. A few gunsmithing upgrades (e.g., a Codymatic CAS 1873), Rugers, Keltecs, Zippos. In other words, lot of gun-related stuff.

8. Bubba

Bubba Member

Only being warranted to the orgional purchaser will affect the value when the origional buyer decides to sell.

9. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

The Precision trigger is a fine product..All my experiences with Dian Pennington and Jim Coons were very pleasant.I would not hesitate to recommend them or buy another trigger...Just my 2 cents worth! Paul in Virginia

10. Trap4

Trap4 Member

Paul, I agree 100 percent with what you said, Diann and Jim are the Best and also so are the Precision triggers.

Alex--Trap-4

11. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

Lets see $1200 for used trigger+ $200 for repair = $1400

New trigger $1695 so you are still money ahead.

Many repairs are simply replacing a flat spring which is about $40 and is not part of the original warranty (and can be done on your own) so you are money ahead and still own the best double release that was or will EVER be made for a Perazzi.

Now if you want to pay the full price and happen to have a problem you get FREE Fed-X to/from you from where ever you happen to be AND the trigger taken care of.

You get what you pay for. In either instance a damn good trigger that will last longer than you do.

12. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Guerini's are warranted for life with free annual service.

13. Rem 1100

Rem 1100 Member

I was the second owner of a Dillon Square Deal press in 45 auto,sent it back to Dillon for a total rebuild, no charge! All it cost me was postage to them. WOW!

Chuck H

14. viperrt

viperrt Member

Whenever you need a "dose of whine", you can count on TS.Com members!

Lost count of how many precision triggers I have purchased. Nothing but awesome service from Diann/Mile High.

15. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I've dealt with Diann a couple of times...first class all the way. She even went out of her way to help me identify a used trigger I got ahold of that I THOUGHT might be theirs becuase it was gold, LOL.

One other thing warrantied for life: Hornady reloaders. Great people to deal with....

16. Trap4

Trap4 Member

Claybrdr--Yes Guerini's are warranted for life--BUT ONLY to the original owner.

Trap-4

17. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I bought two from her at the end of the Grand last year. But they didn't work right. She and Jim took the triggers and my gun in their Motor Home back to Colorado and, it turned out, it was the GUN, not the Precision triggers.

She mailed the whole gun, two barrels, case and the triggers back to me (IIRC) overnight. They now worked perfectly.

My cost-zero!

Then a trigger spring broke and I called to order some additional ones. She said the spring should not have broken so soon (as we all know you never know when the flat spring will decide to break) and sent me a new one.

My cost-zero!

I am a fan of the triggers and of her business practices.

Bob

18. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have three Precission triggers. Two were purchased from Bob Schultz and the third from Diann Pennington, Unfortunitly, for this thread, I've NEVER had any trouble with any of them, so I guess that I'll just have to wait a few more years to find out about their service policies.

Ed Yanchok

19. dws

dws TS Member

Every time I've had a question Diann has been able to help. The customer service is GREAT.. I'm a very satisfied customer

Dennis Skudney

20. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

At 500.oo, I'd take all I could get.

Ed Yanchok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

used precision triggers