1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

precision gold vs perazzi mx triggers?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by checker, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. checker

checker Member

Coil or leaf springs in each? Advantages of one vs other?

2. white rattler

white rattler Member

First class service and life time help at no or very little cost. Trevor Dawe.

3. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Precision has no creep, best trigger made! Bruce

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Trigger pull is wonderful, service is impeccable (within U.S.), shouldn't be a surprise from an after market product at this price range. "Almost" never heard complains.

Mind you we are talking about shotgun triggers, not bench rest rifles. And the other subject maker is Perazzi, which trigger were used by "Every" Olympic winners who shoot Perazzi.

With all due respect, this really reminded me what late Jeff Cooper once said: "An interesting solution to a problem doesn't exist." :)

5. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

I owned a Precision for two years. I shoot pull/pull. It was with out a doubt a damn good trigger. No creep, crisp, smooth, and consistent everytime. With that said I went back to my Perazzi trigger. Reason being I would break 2 spings a year. One in the Spring and one in the Fall. It basically started to piss me off and I sold it.

Talked with a number of other shooters who were using Precision and they did not seem to have the issues to my extent.

I will say this, if I shot a release I would own a Precision. If my trigger didn't break as many springs, I would still own it.

My two cents.

Matt Ski

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I have been shooting a pair of Precision release triggers for several years now. I have a single release for the single barrel and a double release for the O/U for my MX-3 Special. Prior to purchasing a Precision, I went through a Jerrie White, an Allems, a Timmney, a Hunting, a Bowen, and finally a Reitz. While several of these were good releases, the Reitz was my choice over them all. That being said, once I bought my Precision, I found these were no comparison to the Gold trigger. I agree with Steve, however, that if I were still able to use a pull trigger, it would be a Perazzi trigger. It's damn hard to improve on a Perazzi factory pull trigger! There are so many release triggers available for Perazzi owners these days that finding one is not a problem. Finding a good one that is RELIABLE AND CONSISTENT is the problem. Jim Coons solved that problem with his trigger. I have also heard good things about Allem's roller release trigger, and would really like to try one to see how it works as well. As for me, I'll stay with my Precisions... Just my experience..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.