1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Precision Gold and Perazzi spring conversions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cob, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cob

cob TS Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Precision gold triggers is now offering spring conversions for Precision triggers as well as stock Perazzi triggers. These springs are wire edm cut out of the highest grade spring material. The springs mount using a pin through the housing rather than on the spring itself, greatly reducing the vibrations that rob consistency from your trigger. These springs are more consistent than perazzi springs as far as poundage and the number of rounds they will go before breaking. Jim Coons put a lot of time and research into these springs to make sure that they are the very best and that they defiantly offered an advantage over other springs. If you would like to convert a Precision Trigger or a Perazzi Trigger to these new springs the cost is $395 and that gives you an extra spring(which fits either side. I know there will be a lot of questions so you can either post to the thread, pm, e-mail or call with questions, I will be glad to answer all of them.

Thanks Jacob Jeffries
    Precision Gold Triggers
    816-200-6404

2. doberman37

doberman37 Member

What would just one of these sprinds cost after you convert to the new sistem and break one. How long are they guarenteed for.

3. cob

cob TS Member

when you convert your trigger you get 1 extra spring, after that they are 90 dollars a piece. The springs do not have a warranty on them, but they consistently go 30 to 32 thousand rounds before they break. We have never had a spring on our trigger cycling machine that has went less than 30,000 rounds. Ray Stafford has been shooting these springs since we came out with them last spring and has not had any problems. We build a quality product that we stand behind (our triggers have a lifetime warranty) it is just a nightmare to try and guarantee hammer springs/ keep track of when they were purchased when they were put in the gun etc, etc.

Thanks for the questions,
    Jacob Jeffries
    816-200-6404

4. wlc

wlc Member

If these springs were to become unavailable, could the trigger be converted back to the original Perazzi spring?

5. cob

cob TS Member

Wic, Yes it is very easy to convert back if the springs became unavailable. (which I don't foresee happening) To convert the trigger basically what we do is drill a hole above and behind the existing perazzi spring hole(which we still put in our triggers as well) and we drive a pin into the new hole which is where the new springs mount. To switch back to the original springs you just knock the pin out, which can be accomplished without much effort. Thanks and keep the questions coming.

Jacob Jeffries
    Precision Gold Triggers
    816-200-6404

6. cob

cob TS Member

[​IMG]

Here are a couple of pictures to illustrate what I'm talking about. These pics are of a pull/pull with the springs removed. You can see the 2 perazzi spring holes, (lower and forward of the pin slightly) and like I said these can be reused if necessary. The turn around on this conversion is one day, as soon as I get it I will ship it back out the next day.

Jacob Jeffries
    Precision Gold Triggers
    816-200-6404

7. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

That looks like a very stout spring. Do you notice any change in the set and release weights with the new spring versus the old?

8. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Will all new Precision Gold triggers have the new springs?

9. cob

cob TS Member

Rick, although these springs are made to be thicker throughout the spring we have them designed to be right around the average compression poundage of perazzi springs. So we don't see a much of a difference when we convert a trigger to these new style springs. We can tell by using our trigger graphing machine which shows us a computer generated graph of set and release points as well as other critical info. This is the same machine we use to check all our triggers to make sure they haven't changed if a shooter is having a problem with a trigger.

Gary, All new Precision Gold Triggers will be built with these springs when we use these springs it allows us to build an even better trigger, they reduce the vibrations enough for us to notice significant differences in the amount of violence that occurs at the point where the spring connects to the housing. So by utilizing these springs in our triggers we produce a more consistent trigger as well as one that has less hammer spring breakdowns.

Jacob Jeffries
    Precision Gold Triggers

10. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

The 1/16 radius in the end of the bend will definitely cut down on the stress that the sharp bend has in all Perazzi springs. Funny thing is I have been shooting 2 Perazzi's with flat springs for almost 20 years and have never broken one yet, but I have seen many break.

11. white rattler

white rattler Member

I just got both sets of triggers back from Jim. He installed the new springs and replaced the hammers as he was not happy with the ones in the triggers. First class job and a three day turn around Thanks very much. Trevor Dawe.

12. cob

cob TS Member

Thanks for the good review Trevor. I'm glad to hear you are happy with the job and turn-around time. We have been doing quite a few of these lately and everyone seems to be pleased with the results. Keep us posted on how they work out for you. Thanks for the business

Jacob Jeffries
    Precision Gold Triggers
    816-200-6404

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

precision gold triggers