1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Precision Fit Stocks ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by parrot man, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parrot man

parrot man TS Member

Hi Guys,
    I was just wondering do they make a precision fit stock for a Browning BT99+. I don't think the one for a regular BT99 would fit a Plus gun.
    Something about design of trigger guard I believe.

Would someone Please point me in the right direction so I may find out, and could it be made to fit if not.

THANK you,
    Eric

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Contact Bob Schultz at Target Shot Guns. He is a sponsor of TS.COM. Jake

3. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

I have a BT 99 + with a PFS. The only thing you have to do is cut the tang and just leave the trigger guard. I used a lock washer to keep tension on the guard because the threads are a lose fit. You could also use lock tight. I will say one thing about cutting the guard. There are basicly none available to replace the one you are going to cut. I tried finding a genric version from Brownells to cut and they have discontinued it. So if you ever want to put the gun back to it's orginal look you may have to find a gunsmith with a old broken 99 and take the trigger guard and tang and fit it to your 99 +.

Good Luck

George Ware

4. vatrap

vatrap Member

I did exactly what you are talking about. I just cut the trigger guard long enough to have a little tension on it when you tighten up the PFS grip to it.

I have one on the older style Plus model Citori and BT 99. Just cut the trigger guard to the correct length. I left mine a little long, then shaped them to fit with a Dremel tool and touched up the bluing. Works fine.

I was able to get an extra trigger guard from somebody on TS.com and Browning still list them as replacement parts, don't know if they are really available but they are in the parts catalog.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

precision fit stock for browning bt99

precision fit stocks