1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Precision Fit Stocks?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RiverSide, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiverSide

RiverSide Member

I have a K-80 Combo 34 uns. /32 ou with adj. comb & butt pad that I have shot for 1 yr. The problem that I have is not being able to keep my head on the stock comfortably unless I get really up on the stock. Before going to a custom stock maker I thought of trying the PFS to see if I could get a better fit to my face. Just wanted some input from the PFS users on the pros and cons of these stocks. Thanks in advance for your input.

2. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Precision Fit Stocks are top notch, and have top notch service. Not only do you get GREAT adjustability, but also reduced recoil!

Matt

3. JES

JES Member

One of the best decisions I have made. Have someone help with the set-up that understands this stock and you will be thrilled. I shoot a perazzi RS 2000 combo. My biggest problem was head lifting and this has really helped with getting into the gun.

4. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I was having the same problem with my DT 10 combo. It came with a beautiful piece of wood and so I tried a RAD unit. When I finally went to the PFS I was sold, so I had a wood grip and comb made for it. Now I have the great looking wood, the custom fit grip and the ability to adjust the darn thing to whatever the latest missed bird tells me to do. PFS are the best.

JON

5. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Not everyone is the same and not everyone agrees with the above. I had mine several months and adjusted it each and every way...

jumped all over me.

Good luck but beware. Some people who swore by them eventually sold them.

milt

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

You could purchase a used one fine tune it to fit, then have a wood stock made to those specs. You then can sell it for close to purchase price. I for one think its a great unit. Cost efective also. I would have to take a vacation travel many miles and spend thousands for custom wood. 1300.00 I have a custom fit stock anytime I want.

7. Old Doc

Old Doc Member

There is a new comb assembly that allows more cast off and ability to have comb parallel to rib both side and top. I am pleased with mine. Was not too happy with old style. D Winter

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

I love my PFS. But, I am not hesitant to point out one problem with a PFS. There are many things that can be quickly adjusted, but if you don't know what needs to be adjusted, you can get in trouble. This is actually more of a problem with the shooter rather than a problem with the design of the PFS.

Pat Ireland

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I shoot one on my kolar. I am just getting back into shooting 12ga, and could not shoot 12ga w/ out the PFS. Posted 2 399x400 and one 398x400 in skeet with it last year, and my buddy had his first 400x400 with his last year as well. They are simply amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

old style precisionfit stock wanted