1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PRECISION FIT STOCKS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TURNKEY321, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TURNKEY321

TURNKEY321 Member

WHILE LOOKING AROUND AT THE GRAND, I SAW A PRECISON FIT STOCK. IT LOOKED LIKE IT COULD BE ADJUSTED TO FIT ANYONE AND HAD A VERY SMOOTH RECOIL SYSTEM. AFTER PRICING OUT WHAT A CUSTOM WOOD STOCK WOULD COST, THIS SEEMS TO APPEAL TO ME. I WAS WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU HAVE SHOT ONE OR OWN ONE. TIM

2. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Tim,

I have a PFS on my teenage son's gun and it is the best piece of equipment we have purchased.

Completely adjustable and NO recoil. Until he's done growing a custom fit wood stock is out of the question.

Do a search on PFS or Precision Fit Stocks and you will get a whole host of feedback to peruse. The PFS is an awesome alternative for somebody seeking a custom fit at a reasonable price and combining that with recoil elimination - it's a no brainer for me.

3. Fritzboy

Fritzboy TS Member

I have one. but took it off. Does an excellent job, but did not like the feel of recoil in my hand. Reminds me of shooting a Browning auto 5. But, I will never sell it.

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I shoot them and love them! I use them for singles, Caps, and doubles. I have neck and back issues, and they make shooting a comfort. While @ the Grand, I took an older one in on trade. I have an AS NEW PFS stock for a Perazzi MX Series in right hand. This is my personal one, not a trade. It has only 300 rounds on it with all tools and booklet. $900.00 shipped UPS Ground.

Matt - Woodson Enterprises
    (270) 804-5454

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

I think PFS are great. I have used then for several years.

Pat Ireland

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

The ultimate in fit and recoil reduction. Lets say you loose or gain weight, shoot winter or summer, you can change the stock to meet the need of the moment. Try that with a custom stock. I have tried all the recoil reducers available and none equal the "tuneability" of the PFS. And if you happen to run across Vern Brown he will give you a custom fit, to me it make sense to shoot the PFS and save your unaltered wood for resale. I like pretty wood as much as the next guy but for shooting good scores your gun must fit properly. Just my opinion, Jake

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Being left handed, priced out custom wood and fitting. The PFS was a very economical choice for me. If PFS has a grip that fits your gun your good to go. I for one would try one if you could. Some just never get used to the movement. I just shot 200 rnds of Nitro27 max dram sporting clays loads. Normally I would Have a head ache, sea sick kind of feeling after that. With my OEM stock. They can be had used, just a few here not long ago at some good prices. 2007 state shoot they seemed to be a novelty a few here and there. 2008 they where every where!

8. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

I have been using one on my MX2000, I am going to have a stock cut to fit me now that I have used the PSF to figure out how I what it. I will probally sell the PSF before long if you are interested e-mail me.

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I use one on my Ljutic, and think they are great, but PUG UGLY.

10. zinger

zinger Member

I love, love, love mine and could never, ever think about going back to wood! I don't care how custom a wood stock would be....once you're used to the comfort of a PFS, like mentioned above...it's a no brainer!

11. skeet100

skeet100 Member

They are everthing said and more...........

Absoloutely a great invention...........

I did not like mine. I just could not get used to the looks or the thing moving. I am 100% ok with a stock mounted on, or avialiable with, several top notch target guns so as far as fit I just adjusted the PFS to a copy of my wood stock. I also shoot light loads, skeeters can do that easy enough, and so recoil can be managed with a good heavy gun, proper pad and good stock fit.

But again, they are a GREAT tool if you need one and I can see where a lot of folks do. I am not in ANY way knocking the product it just was not for me.

12. Pat  D

Pat D TS Member

I love mine. What's even better is that I have a new gun and the only thing I have to do is order another pistol grip and install the recoil system and done with it.

13. Pat  D

Pat D TS Member

You can adjust the amount of recoil from super soft to stiff, and that dictates the amount of travel. Also note that the cheek pad doesn't move on your face. The stock with the gun moves independent from the cheek piece.
    Hope this helps.

Pat

14. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Mac1911

Can you get the distance from the trigger to the pistol grip below 3" (like on your pretty Wenig) or are they only adjustable everywhere but there? I don't need the recoil help and like the adjustability of the stock. A crushed shooting hand forces me to shoot a close gap distance as the emergency room MD stitched my baby finger to tight to the ring finger. Omaha

15. KenC

KenC Member

It isn't surprising that there's not one negative post on this.

It's a wonderful product and Vern Brown is a great guy.

16. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Omaha, no adjustment for the shorter trigger to grip length. Maybe if Vern is reading he may have a solution. Like shorter grips?

17. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

or you can do as i did and build up the grip area to get closer to the trigger. I actually made it finger groved while I was at it. I used expxy putty kneadatite. Found it on ebay

18. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I'll put my .02 in here as well.

Pro's:

I like the system and the adjustments that can be made. If you can't get comfortable with it, you're doing something wrong. Balancing is a cinch with the interchangable weights. Grips can be easily modified to fit your hand. Vern is an absolute top notch person and will help out any way he can. Absolutely the best of all the recoil reducing devises out there!

Con's:

Looks, you either like it or hate it. If you're not very mechanically inclined, you'll hate it. The newest model is a little less torsionally rigid than the previous model (this is because the newer model can be set with greater cast/offset).This isn't much of a problem unless you firmly mount a gun, like me (too many years of shooting slide guns).Grips need to have a better palmswell and be checkered.

Once stock is set up, put your tools away! If you have tinker itis, have your buddy hide the tools.

ec90t

19. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Who is selling the PFS? My google search didn't turn up much. I live in SW Colorado. gyrine

20. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

http://www.precisionfitstocks.com/ this will get you there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

alternative to precision fit stock