1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Precision fit Stocks

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by VG, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VG

VG TS Member

I 'm thinking of replacing my stock on my browing citori XT to a precision fit stock. Any thoughts? are they worth the $$$.

2. vvosen

vvosen TS Member

I've got one on mine. What are you trying to accomplish? Reduced recoil? Can't get the gun to fit? (Line up the beads when you mount it?) Raise the Point of Impact? There might be cheaper ways of accomplishing one of more of those without spending the money for a PFS.

3. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

There are many ways of "band-aiding" your stock, adjustable comb, adjustable butt, or bondo if you know what you are trying to achieve. A PFS provides for infinite adjustment. As compared to the price of a custom stock, the PFS is the easiest on the wallet. They may look like heck and you'll get your share of "Robo stock" jokes, but I always reply "It was a nice chunk of lumber until the termites got to it". Wouldn't trade it!

Big Jack

4. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

We put one on my teenage son's MX3 Special. He is growing like a weed and we wanted to accomplish two things:

1. Adjustability

2. Recoil elimination

The gun had two beautiful stocks with it but neither of them fit him properly and rather than invest a bunch of money in a custom stock we went with the PFS. When he is done growing then we'll go custom wood.

He was used to shooting with a Gracoil but after we put the PFS on his gun he was amazed. Not just recoil reduction - recoil elimination. We have let several people shoot his gun and they are always blown away with how good the gun feels in the hands (beautiful balance) and how there is no recoil.

His shooting instructor has a PFS on his perazzi too and helped with the initial install and subsequent fit adjustments and fine tuning. The gun fits my son PERFECTLY and now there is one less factor to deal with in teaching him how to shoot well (his coaches job - not mine!!).

Get one - you will NOT be disappointed. If I was king for a day they would be mandatory for youth shooters.

5. Derek

Derek TS Member

For fit and adjustability a PFS is the best money I spent .

Derek

6. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

i have a used one on this site. contact me joe 1234@ameritech.net

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

I think they are great. Well worth the money.

Pat Ireland

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I want one, but at the rate my extra $$$ accumulates, be a while before I get one.

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The PFS is probably one of the best investments you can make to help improve your game and take the recoil out of it ... They do just what they are designed to do and are well worth the investment ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.