1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Precision Fit Stocks PFS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Masterplan, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masterplan

Masterplan TS Member

Does anyone have opinions on this stock ?
    Im asking because Im getting it to reduce recoil mainly.

I like input good or bad
    Thanks
  2. Kemper

Kemper Member

They are GREAT!

Barry Kemper
  3. PINOYSHOOTER

PINOYSHOOTER Member

Yes...they are great as long as you can stop your fingers adjusting (tinkering) with it. Once you set it up to you liking, throw away those Allen wrenches. Have a good day!
  4. zinger

zinger Member

If you are buying it from a dealer, make sure it is fitted to you before you leave. If you're buying it direct from Vern, READ the book first. It will greatly reduce the felt recoil and you'll enjoy shooting it. If you have any problems, seek out someone who has been shooting one for awhile for help. Many people buy them, try to fit themselves, shoot poorly and give up. Sent you a PM
    Kim
  5. hunter44

hunter44 Active Member

I've only used one on one of my trap guns for a year but I really like everything about it except the recoil adjustment......I can't seem to get the movement part to be what I'm looking for.......that is not the fault of the unit but rather a matter of me not liking so much movement in the stock.
  6. Big Jack

Big Jack Active Member

Had one on my Ljutic..closest I ever had to a custom fitted stock.. Softer then any I ever had before or since.

Big Jack
  7. gun1357

gun1357 Member

I shoot both the Precision Fit Stock and Ken Rucker's Bump Buster. I really like them both but the PFS moves a bit further and the grip tends to slip in my hand. Ron
  8. coling

coling Member

I have a Gracoil on my BT99 and like it.

Am starting to think about an O/U and would like to know why there is a lockup option for the PFS occasionally advertised on ts.com?

Is there a problem with doubles with the PFS? ditto skeet, 5 stand and the like?

Just asking,

Colin
  9. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Active Member

I have 2 and love them I put some grip tape on the grip to avoid slipping as I like lots of movement for a real soft shooting gun. Plus Vern is always so helpful and nice to do business with every tome I run into him he checks my PFS and hands it back with a just shoot it.
  10. bceagle

bceagle TS Member

Who offers the figure 8 brace? I have not seen that before.

Thanks,
    Jim
  11. GRUMPN

GRUMPN TS Member

Been shooting the same gun for 12+ years. 3 years ago I just quit shooting because of recoil. As a last resort I got the PFS. I'll put it as simple as I can. If it weren't for that stock I would not be shooting today. Ric
  12. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have 4 PFS and have no complaints. Once you have one it is very hard to shoot a standard stock.
  13. Masterplan

Masterplan TS Member

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOU INPUT.
    I DID TALK TO THE MANUFACTURER AND HE DID SAID THAT IT
    COMES WITH THE FIG8 BRACE
    BUT IT'S NOT YET IN THE INSTRUCTIONS.

I WAS CONSIDERING THE G SQUARED BUT YOU HAVE TO SEND YOUR MOST CHERISHED
    GUN AWAY ........
    I DIDNT LIKE THAT IDEA , AS WELL AS CHOPPINGF UP MY STOCK.

SO I CAN'T WAIT TO TRY THIS OUT
    AND IF IT DOESNT WORK
    I CAN SELL IT TO ONE OF YOU :O)
  14. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

This may sound like a BS story but i have a 682x and a k-32 both w/pfs grips.I can switch the pfs from one gun to the other and make no adjustments.both guns shoot the same poa.have shoulder problems and if it were not for the pfs i would not be shooting today.great stock.
  15. shot410ga

shot410ga Active Member

I may have one of the first PFS ever made for a Ljutic. It works perfect, fits perfect, and I've never had a problem from day one. Only issue is, I've painted the stock about 4 times through the years. Thats the only way I've found to match everything up
  16. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Active Member

I shot the PFS on my Kolar and was very happy with how it worked for me. I didn't buy it for a recoil issue, but the gun was very soft shooting. Many people that shot it commented about how soft it was.

I have the doubles lock up on mine, but I found that I don't use it. Some folks find that it was too sloppy to shoot doubles with, so the lock up solved that problem.

I was at Kolar about 1 1/2 years ago and Jeff Mainland showed me a figure 8 brace that they had developed for the PFS and had sent to Vern. The purpose was to reduce the flex in the newer PFS stocks that have the thinner rods. It is amazing how much torque we can put on them. The brace stiffened the PFS up a lot, but still allowed it to do it's job effectively.

I have since gone to a custom fitted stock from Kolar and I am extremely happy with that decision. I would recommend the PFS to anyone that doesn't want to go to the custom stock. Bill Malcolm
  17. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

I highly recommend it. Take it to a great stock fitter. Then LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. bceagle

bceagle TS Member

I now see the figure 8 brace on my PFS, I just bought it last month and it came with it. I can see how it would flex without the brace. From using it for about 4 weeks I have to say this is the best $1,300 I've invested in the sport. I had a RAD on my old doubles gun and it was never as soft as this and with the RAD or Gracoil the comb will move against your face when it compresses unlike the PFS, with the PFS the gun compresses into the stock, the comb will not move against your face. I also highly recommend the Ultimate Fit Comb. It's an extra $180 but you can really get your cheek bone planted on it. My first outing with the new comb I ran 49 straight, lost the last hard right on #5 but that was my fault not the PFS.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.