1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Precision Fit Stocks and Doubles?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RiverSide, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiverSide

RiverSide Member

Have been considering buying a PFS for my K-80 and my last post on here was all good responses. But,some users of these stocks say that they can't shoot doubles as well with the PFS. Just wanted some more input from PFS users on why this may be?
    Again, Thanks in advance for your input
    RS

2. JES

JES Member

I shoot a double release for doubles. My scores are beginning to improve alot. I have no problem with doubles and the PFS.

3. old tex

old tex TS Member

Increase the resistance setting.

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

If you notice the "rebound effect", simply tighten up the compression in the PFS. I set mine for doubles, and it also works great for singles and handicap. My scores are actually better with the PFS due to lack of recoil.

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

If recoil is an issue you have no choice but a firm stock will always be preferable to a moving one for any repeat shots.

The reason is Both Mechanical and Visual.

If you need to shoot a PFS great if not think about a custom stock that fits and it will probably feel better than the PFS.
    Joe

6. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Go to my site above and read the first comment from a lady shooter at the top of the page about having her PFS replaced with a wood stock outfitted with my comb and Bump-Buster a couple of weeks ago. She isn't the first that I've done this for. The Bump-Buster has the shortest stroke of any recoil reduction system available today and makes shooting doubles a breeze. Travel of a PFS = 1.10" max. Travel of a Bump-Buster = .20". Shooter recovery time for the second shot in any of the clay target sports is one of the Bump-Buster's stong points.

Ken Rucker

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Ken- Did you receive my PM and/or my email about the Post 4 glasses OK?

8. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Yes, I did....sorry I haven't answered. As I said, the glasses are in San Antonio at the shop there and I will be going there on Sunday. I'm not sure about the clear lenses, but I should have the others you want. I'll email you when I have them in hand. Thanks!!

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.