1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Precision fit stock question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by open choke, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. open choke

open choke TS Member

I'm looking into a used precision fit stock and need to know how to tell from an older model from a newer one.

My concerns are:

I don't want the older models that had some flaws and also don't want to pay too much for someone asking for the newer model PFS prices for an older model.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

The older generation had no flaws, it simply didn't allow for as much comb offset, and cannot be switched from RH to LH or vice versa. It is identical except for a thicker top rod than the current generation.

3. open choke

open choke TS Member

Then why does very one want the newer version?

4. open choke

open choke TS Member

Then why does very one want the newer version?

5. skeet_man

Because it offers more offset at the comb. The original style has close to 0 offset, the new style has 1/4". And people want the newest version of stuff typically. But if you don't need the additional offset, there's absolutely nothing wrong with an "old style" stock.

6. open choke

open choke TS Member

Who has this part?

Also who is the guy who makes upgraded replacement parts that posts on here?

7. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Vern has the Figure 8 thingy (he's the maker of the PFS) and VDT posts here with the other items for the PFS.

I have both the old and new models and I prefer the old. I don't need that much off-set and the older one feels more stable without the Figure 8 thingee. I don't know if the F8 is really needed or not, but I believe the brand new ones coming from Vern have them.

Bob

8. skeet_man

I'm not using the figure 8 bracket on my stock currently. I bought mine back in 06 (Vern actually shipped it from Sparta while they were holding the first Grand there).

I'm not sure if it would help or not, I've never really experienced any problems that it would likely solve. If I do install one, it will probably be from a "couldn't hurt" standpoint. Only issue would be that I'll have to move the block back that the comb attaches to because the bracket would hit the grip the way I have it set up now, so I'd either need to make a new bracket, or new comb to accomplish this, and I'm not eager to do either.

9. HoosierHawk95

HoosierHawk95 Member

I thought I had screwed up the length of pull on my older model PFS and sent it back to Vern Brown for a rebuild. He did the rebuild and installed the newer model parts for a very reasonable price. He is a great guy to do business with. Turn around time was about two weeks because he was out of town and could not get to the work right away. I would not hesitate to buy the older model and send it to Vern for the upgrades.

10. open choke

open choke TS Member

I spoke to Vern he said to call "Stocker John" in Oregon and his number doesn't work.

Vern said he makes Custom pistol grips. Cause the Citori grip that comes with the PFS doesn't fit the Citori 525.

Anyone know of someone who makes these?

11. skeet_man

Hold onto your hat, custom grip from stocker john is going to run you $1k plus wood.

12. high 2

high 2 Member

I'm making two right now. One for a K80 and one for a Blaser. Give me a call if I can e of any help.
    Larry. 1-580-431-2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.