1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Precision Fit Stock-early vs current

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SMITH47, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

What is the difference between the early version and the current version of Precision Fit Stocks ? I did a search for previous threads & could not locate an answer. I see some early versions for sale & should i consider one or get a new one ?

thanks,

ernie

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Ernie, Since I can't shoot one on my BT-100, I am not sure of the difference!!! But from what I have read on this site a good number of serious shooters here prefer the early model years. Not sure why. I'm sure someone will explain. Good Luck. Break-em all Jeff

3. cls

cls Member

The top rod on the newer model has a smaller diameter. This allows for additional cast off, something the earlier models didn't provide enough of for many shooters.

The trade off is a rod of a smaller diameter isn't as rigid as one with a larger diameter. Meaning that there may be some flex there depending on how much cheek pressure you apply. cls

4. Old Doc

Old Doc Member

The new comb set up lets you get more cast off. It attaches to side away from cheek. It can be rigged to be either right or left. I prefer the new one. D Winter

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

The cheek piece is also attached a little differently on the new models. I have both and like both.

Pat Ireland

6. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

i need a little more cast off than most so i will get a new model first.

thanks folks,

ernie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.