1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Precision Fiot Stock?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by twoatlow8, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

I put one on my wife's K-32 with no problems. She loves it!
    Once I got it dialed in I put a very low strenth locktite on the screws.
    I would buy another and I may buy one for my Kolar.
    Good Luck! Scott

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have two of them for my K-80. I would never consider shooting another trap gun that did not have a PFS. You should not need any fitting of the grip.

One minor problem you might encounter involves the different screw sizes on different adjustable parts of the PFS. None of the screws are the same size and it can take a while to learn which wrench turns which screw. Another common mistake involves changing the compression force of the stock. There is a screw that changes the force applied to the Belleville washers and this screw is covered with another plug screw. Turning the plug screw will not do anything except make you feel foolish for not remembering the screw under the plug screw.

PFS are great.

Pat Ireland

3. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

cp,

Precision Fit Stocks are great. I have or have owned @ least 5 of them. Great recoil reduction. If you decide to buy one, please get in touch with me. I sometimes have used ones laying around in my shop, or I can get you a new one! I would appreciate your business, and I am a sponsor of this site.

Matt - Woodson Enterprises
    Phone: (270) 804-5454

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I bought one for my Ljutic when they were first produced. Maybe 10 years ago. Never a problem. I would buy another in a heart beat. It's the best thing I've ever done for my shooting, besides buying the Ljutic in the first place.

5. J. Fox

J. Fox TS Member

Do any of the top shooters or all americans use this stock? I am not being negative about the stock but was just wondering. I never have shot one. jake513

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

I know one All American who uses one. Most do not. Almost all All Americans have very short necks and do not require the adjustments available on a PFS.

Pat Ireland

7. arkolaron

arkolaron TS Member

i do not know of any ALL AMERCIAN THAT HAVE A CUSTOM STOCK MADE TO FIT THEM SO THEY WOULD NOT NEED A PFS

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I love the PFS absolutly the best custom stock out there for 1300.00 or less
    I have yet to see any post about the grip not fitting the intended model.
    Few reasons I purchased
    1. 1300.00 for a adjustable for ever changing stock
    2. Im left handed
    3. Custom wood would cost me at least 1000.00 or more
    4. Time and money for fitting and makeing stock
    5. Unit can be used on many guns with just needing to purchase the grip. A good money saveing opption
    6. There is only one place I find a problem with the PFS The grip to trigger distance could be a lot closer for me. Add some Expoxy putty and made a custom finger grip to boot.
    7. Vern and support of his product
    8. endless adjustment, not good for the figity tinker'r
    9. recoil reduction is a bonus
    10. Follow directions and the process is painless

9. dverna

dverna Active Member

Only one "negative".

The LOP can only go down to about 13.5". This limits its application for the smaller statured shooters who need recoil reduction the most.

Vern sent me one of his prototype "shorty" units a few weeks ago and my girlfriend loves it. The LOP can go to about 12.75".

A good product sold by a very good man. You will not be disappointed.

Don

10. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

arkolaron ---

That supposed to be a joke right?? Ha Ha.

Tom Strunk

11. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

Pat,

Did you purchase the explosion proof model for your K-gun? I understand PFS has a Kevlar version for the K-gun. :>}

Chip

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

Chip- I do shoot a K-80 and I reload AA hulls. Do you think I need a reinforced PFS?

Pat Ireland

13. dewman

dewman Member

i like the pfs a lot--i have 16 units including 7 of the newer 12.5 lop for browning, k80, perazzi, ljutic, and seitz---no wood rasp needed--just an allen wrench----don weeks

14. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

I'll add to the general approval rating.

One other aspect to evaluate is whether you need additional offset in the comb. The comb plate that comes with the standard unit is good - the Ultimate Fit Comb is an add on sold by Vern Brown and is in my opinion FAR superior to the comb plate in both comfort and adjustability.

Do a search for ultimate fit comb and you'll find lots of info including pix.

15. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

Pat,

A K-80 and AA reloads -- is that the definition of extreme trap shooting?

Chip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.