1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-Squading

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FNG, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FNG

FNG Member

Just looking for suggestions/experiences: I usually attend shoots by myself, not part of a group. On more than a couple occasions I have pre-squaded for a shoot only to get there and find the squad didn't fill in and I'm shooting on a short squad; particularly undesirable for doubles. I'm beginning to prefer just showing up and taking any availabe post on a nearly full squad. Any thoughts ?
    Thanks

2. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

Keep checking the presquad web site until you see a desireable squad and get on it. I used to presquad right off quick and learned the same lesson you are, patience. Don't rush the shot, lol. Good luck, Al Baker

3. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Learn to love starting on post one and pick a squad in the middle of the event. You will have fewer short squads.

4. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

At smaller shoots I usually just show up and tell 'em "put me anyplace you need somebody". At big ones like the State shoot I like to shoot on an early squad so I presquad so I don't wind up on squad #seventy-something.

John C. Saubak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.