1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-Squadding Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Uncle Screech, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

What with it being cold and all I have been thinking about June and the Ohio State Shoot and how I can make it easier on me this year. One of the things I was wondering about is pre-squadding (just me and a friend from out of state). The first question is, does it work? I mean do you get the times and banks you want? If not, how are the "conflicts" resolved?

Now that I've been to Cardinal a few times I have a good idea of where I'd like to shoot and what time of day so it may be that I can make good use of pre-squadding if it works. But if it winds up just being a crap shoot any way then maybe I'll just register and squad the first day. For those that have done it before what do you think? Is it worth it?

Thanks,

Greg

2. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

I like to shoot and get on the road, yes I say it makes it more handier.

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Dunno' about Ohio but FWIW I always pre-squad at the Montana State Shoot. I really like to get on one of the early squads, earlier the better and pre-squadding works for me. I don't care what post they put me on, I suspect that flexibility helps.

4. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

I've presquadded for just about every event at all three Cardinal shoots. Get your request in early and you'll be happy -

5. Bavaria-Grade

Bavaria-Grade Member

One year I made the mistake on presquadding for the Pa, State Shoot. Don't remember what bank I asked for, but did ask for something in the middle of the squads.

Wound up withe the first squad out in every event and not even the post that I liked. I turned in all of the squad tickets stood in line and got exactly or very close to what I wanted.

Just keep in mind the same outfit that does the presquadding for Pa. also does it for Ohio.

6. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

Thanks Bavaria and everyone else too.

I was a little concerned that I could go through the process and get everything just the way I'd like only to find out that I don't have anything I asked for, in short, it's a crap shoot.

Turns out there is another wrinkle in this attempt to be efficient. My buddy coming in from out of state will most likely not have enough birds, he'll probably have to shoot penalty yardage. If that's the case we'd only have to go through the squadding process again anyway. Maybe I'll try this when it's just me going to the Cardinal Classic so I can see how it works.

Again, thanks for the answers.

Greg

7. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

This year we gotta squad up together at the Cardinal, not sure we ever shot on the same squad. oscar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.