1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-Grand Practice

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DTWASP1, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTWASP1

DTWASP1 TS Member

Edwardsville Gun Club, Edwardsville, Illinois, welcomes and invites shooters coming to the St. Louis area for the 2008 ATA Grand American at the World Shooting & Recreational Complex in Sparta, Illinois, to our club. We offer a perfect location and facility for pre-event practice. If special hours are desired for your shooting team, please call the club. We'd be happy to accommodate you. See our website for more info or send me an email with your questions. Edwardsville is about 50 miles north of the World Shooting Complex.

2. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

I've been practicing for the grand for about a week now. My local club, which I have been a member of since 1977, is about 3 miles from my home. Ever day, I get in the car and drive 20 miles in the opposite direction, turn around and drive to the club. Shoot 300 and drive 20 miles away from home, turn around and drive home. By Aug. I should be ready.

AJ100

3. dshot

dshot Member

Practice in the hottest part of the with on shade anywhere around, and corn fields for a back grownd, if you can find it, and dust blowing all around for golf carts.

4. DTWASP1

DTWASP1 TS Member

5. DTWASP1

DTWASP1 TS Member

6. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Will you be shooting Registered on the Sunday after the GAH? The comment about corn fields, the closest is 1/2 mile maybe this guy is thinking about Brittany?

7. DTWASP1

DTWASP1 TS Member

Yes, we have a registered shoot scheduled for 17 August. Don't know what to expect for a turnout with that kind of scheduling. Right now our background is grass, trees and sky. I think you're right about Brittany. John Guse

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Brittany will be throwing 'registered practice' targets - doubles, singles, and handicap (no trophies or purses)- shoot all you want, on Saturday.

Sunday's program is a standard doubles, singles, handicap, 100 of each with trophies and purses including the JUMBO50.

The JUMBO 50 is worth coming for! Barry

9. DTWASP1

DTWASP1 TS Member

I'll bet it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.