1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Prayers requested

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

You have my condolences (and prayers). My daughter was in Iraq twice, Afghanistan once, and once in Northern Africa. Every time she has to go I fear getting the bad news. I thank God she is only flying in to remove the wounded. Again my condolences. Mike.

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

You have my prayers.

I never knew your nephew, but I am saddened by his death.

My son was in Iraq for 18 months, and he was one of the lucky ones. He is home safe and sound.

My prayers to your nephew and his family.

Hauxfan!

3. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Sorry to hear of your family's loss. This brings back memories of the loss of many from years gone by. It's been over eight years now and those son's a bitches are still costing American lives. Dan

4. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. God Bless Him!

Bob Mc

5. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

May God smile as he enters Heaven.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

You & your family have my prayers and sympathy. I was a Lance Corp while in Nam

Semper Fi

7. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Prayers and condolences to you and yours. The greif will subside, but his memory will endure.

8. laxpatrick

laxpatrick TS Member

Prayer sent.

9. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers,your nephew is a true hero and deserve our admiration and respect as does his family.
    Bruce

10. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

God bless your family and all those who serve. So sorry for your loss.

11. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss!! FC

12. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Another tragic loss of an American Hero. Prayers and codolences for all!

Robert

13. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

OO-RAH! for the "Soldier's Prayer"

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

14. GSPBirdDog

GSPBirdDog TS Member

"He never promised that the cross would not get heavy and the hill would not be hard to climb....He never offered our victories without fighting but he said help would always come in time....just remember when your standing in the valley of decision and the adversary says give in...JUST HOLD ON our lord will show up and he will take you thru the fire again"
    So sorry for your loss.
    My family's prayers are with you and your family as well as all our troops!!!
    May god bless you all!!!
    Ryan Weisheit (aka GSPBirdDog)

15. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok it looks like some one lost a nephew I think but it looks like Calvin's post is gone so I am only going by the other posters and did see calvin make the first post which is no longer here.
    Anyway this is the first I seen the thread because im not on her a lot lately but any way sorry for any loss of life and I hope the family remain's strong during this life changing event.

Foghorn

16. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Please accept my condolences to your family, and all who have lost friends and family members in the service of our nation. These folks are volunteers who made the choice to serve, knowing there is risk and yet they chose to go. That says a lot about the fine crop of young people we are blessed with, and about the way many of them have been raised.
    May they rest in peace and their families find peace in their memory.

17. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

My heart goes out to you for your loss. This is yet another reminder of an attitude of HONOR, PATRIOTISM & SENSE OF DUTY that so many of the younger citizens (by birth-right, alone)of this nation do not possess ; will never know or realize.

I have a brother who did two tours in Iraq, as well as my son-in-law having done 6 months there - in service to America. I thank GOD that both have returned safely and well - physically. Not even their supporters can fully comprehend the mental stresses and anguish that must surely accompany their military responsibilities.

Far too much is taken for granted when it comes to our personal liberties, especially by those who have been "spoon-fed" everything they've ever gotten. Let it be our responsibility to honor the sacrifice of those who serve ; to support the families they leave behind ; to immortalize the memories of those who have fallen.

HBO original movies did a feature a few months ago, entitled "Taking Chance". It documented the return of a young Marine's body to his hometown for burial. If any of you get the opportunity to watch this film, please take the time. It is a very moving portrayal of the respect shown to military personnel who are killed in action.

If this film does not bring you to tears, you are one of the unfortunate who will NEVER understand the concept of patriotism and loyalty to our country, or to those who've made it their committment to preserve its way of life.

GOD bless all who serve...........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.