1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Prayers Requested for Skip Pierson

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sterlingz, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sterlingz

sterlingz TS Member

Ikey,
    My name is Sterling from Scottsbluff, NE. I am 18 years old and have shot SCTP and ATA for four years now. Skip became a close friend of mine at Nebraska State right away. He has taken care of my team and I extensively through his amazing deals and donations. We grew close enough that he allowed myself and a fellow shooter, Doug Beebe, to watch his store while he was shooting at several state shoots. We also helped him with setup and tear down daily at several state shoots he attended. He always awarded us with items valued far above the value of our work. Skip is a wonderful man with a huge heart. He NEVER took advantage of any other shooter that he did business with.

Ikey, I have a huge favor to ask of you. Would you ask Beth if she would tell her dad that the Western Nebraska team of Doug, Ashley, Ethan, and Sterling are praying for him? Thank you so much. Please email me at the above address if you have any other news or know of how i can get in contact with our dear and trusted friend.

Thank you,
    Sterling

2. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Denny,

Tell Skip Hi for me. I will be waiting for him to get back so I can get revenge for the pool games at Sparta.

I'll be thinking of him.

jim brown

3. mizzou

mizzou TS Member

Denny: Make sure to say hi for me too...Mizzou

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Our prayers are on the way to Skip.......

One hell of a nice guy.

Hauxfan!

5. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

We will be praying for Skip and the entire family. Michael and Jane

6. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Ikey, Thanks for posting. I don't know Skip personally but gladly prayed for him and commend him. By the references above I know that he has attained a goal in life that I am striving for. He has a good name, no not the word Skip but the fact that everyone speaks well of him. That my friend is better than gold. It would say that he is kind, considerate, honest and a man of honor. That's not to say he is rich financially but rich in many other ways. He is a man that many will cherish his friendship and go out of their way to help as he has done. My thoughts and prayers are with him. Jackie B.

7. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Denny,please tell Skip old Bocephas is pulling for him.
    He will know who you are talking about.

Thanks

Bo

8. Kent

Kent TS Member

Denny Tell Skip he is in my prayers. I always enjoy visiting with him at the shoots we both attend. Several times I got to cool off in his camper at the Grand or a State Shoot. No need to sign my name because he knows me as Killian's Red, but Kent Southard wishes him the best.

9. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Ikey, thanks for posting this information. Just thinking about him the other day and wondering how things were going.

Denny, Tell Skip I am thinking of him and praying for his speedy recovery.

Steve Elliott
    Gibbon, Ne

10. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Prayers sent.

11. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Tell Skipper that Leo and Karla are keeping him and Perk in our best thoughts and prayers and if there is anything we can do to help just call.

12. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

prayer is a powerful thing sending mine as well. not sure i know who skip is but i think i talked to him at the iowa state shoot this past summer. jackmitch

13. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

About the only bad thing somebody can say about Skip is that he hangs out with Merlyn. The good news is they are like Butch and Sundance from Misery. We look forward to having Skip back in Nebraska as he has made a lot of friends here. Skip, you can even bring Merlyn with you this summer. Thanks for all your kindnesses. Omaha

14. J.D. Squire

J.D. Squire Member

Like Sterling said, I too befriend Skip at the Nebraska state shoot a few years ago, he is 1/million, you could say they broke the mold after him. He was always nice, and always willing to talk to you. My prayers go out to him and his family!

J.D.

15. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Skip is definitely one of the good guys.....I'm proud to have him as a friend. All my prayers are for him today.

Ken Rucker

16. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

I truly hope Skip gets to read this thread. we all think the world of him. I had missed this until a friend emailed me to be sure I had seen it since I had not responded. I hadn't.

Please tell Skip that Howard, Lorna, Bryan and Emily Hull are praying for him, as are Loren and Marlene Troutman. My Dad and mom. My Dad sold insurance as did Skip and they had such a great time talking about their careers.

Please also tell Skip, he has to get better.......he still owes us a rematch at miniature Golf!! We all went miniature golfing one night at Missouri State shoot and he had a hoot. But he promised to do it again!

Our thoughts and prayers are with him, and with his entire family. Especially Bryan's friend, Alex, Skips grandson who traveled with Skip for a season. We know this is a battle you are all going through.

If you happen to have a room number, I would love to send a card.

Lorna

17. jrb

jrb Member

Get better Skip! I always forget or lose something...and you are always there with new/replacement or just some good advice. Take Care and Good Luck!!

See you in May!

J. R. Brock

18. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

Get well soon Skip.

I hope to see ya at the Nebraska State shoot in June

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.