1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pray for the folks in and near Moore, Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GBatch_25, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I am watching the news reports and video of the actual tornado that hit Moore, Oklahoma today. My heart aches for those folks and I ask that we all pray mightily and unceasingly for them. The devastation is awful.

I especially hope that our TS.com buddies are OK.

Gene in Illinois

PS I did see one fellow and his wife walking through their neighborhood, presumably with some of their belongings. She was pulling a small suitcase; he was carrying a soft long-gun case and a few other things in his hands. The camera man, naturally, zoomed in on the gun case.

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Prayers Sent!!

Reporting a middle school hit with no survivors.

Very sad indeed.

3. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

51 deaths so far. 24 kids at 2 schools Perished. They are in full recovery mode now.

jerbear_2008_0303253.jpg

May God be with the families of the injured and dead......

Jerbear

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Thank God they had 16 minutes warning or the devastation could have been unfathomable. They may get hit again tomorrow as tornadoes are possible.

I would assume the Salvation Army and Red Cross could use some financial help as well.

5. 4evertrap

4evertrap Member

No larger tragedy looms than loss of friends and loved ones, and there in no match to the pain of losing a child.

Sure does put things in perspective.

I pray you find a shred hope that helps put your lives back together.

Bless you all!

6. Avatar

Amen to that. Sad business, and another reminder of how small we are in the scale of things.

7. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xTpceWd8UE4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jerbear

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Wow! Prays sent.

I just watched the video that Jerbear posted. I can't believe the guys who were videoing it. I would have been looking for a hole in the ground to get into instead of filming. I heard 3 people were killed at a 7/11 and they were hiding in the freezer. A walk in freezer is pretty stout and it didn't save em.

This tornado had to be an F4 or 5. There isn't many buildings that will stand up to that. About the only safety is to go underground.

Say some prays.

9. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Prayers are first and foremost, but don't forget to send a check to the Red Cross they need our help and our prayers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.