1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Praise for John Hall Cases

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mflora, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mflora

mflora Member

Just returned from a quail hunting trip. Traveled w/ 2 favorite small gauge hunting guns in a John Hall case w/ a cordora cover. I always use bubble wrap around all pieces. Case is light and compact. My favorite travel case as I have gotten older. Why doesn't someone on TS.com in the injection molding business start making this case or one like it again? They are snapped up when they are listed for sale.

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

They're a great case for in and out of the car or truck. It's not very good for flying. John Hall replaced two for me after the airlines broke them. Both broke in half, all the way around near the handles. In both occurrences all the stocks were destroyed and all the barrels were bent.

John replaced the cases without charge and my insurance paid to replace the guns. They just aren't good enough to be an "airline case.

3. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

Is there anything like the JOHN HALL CASE on the market these days?

4. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

Is there anything like the JOHN HALL CASE on the market these days?

5. MOP

MOP Active Member

No.

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Hastings had all the equipment, and was sold at auction recently along with all of their other assets.

7. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Haven't used a John Hall case, but might suggest the closest thing to it would be a case from Negrini, the Italian company which makes the cases for Perazzi. I've been looking for a US distributor to no avail. Briley sells one model of their case, but it's not what I want. Back and forth to the club is all the protection I need. I'll keep looking.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

8. Herman63

Herman63 Member

I to would like a case like the John Hall case to carry my two guns in one case.

Herman63

9. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I flew with mine 30 yrs. ago, I still like the case, Americase is very good but as we get older Americase could be considered a very heavy case.

Joe Woods/Ontario

10. rw993

rw993 Active Member

I have two of them and the only problem was the handle broke (my fault). Does anyone have a fix for that??

RW

11. treefrog

treefrog TS Member

My handle also broke. Took it to a cobbler, pealed back the black cloth, popped out the screws and had them rivet a leather strap thru the same holes. Glued back the black cloth. $10.00 Worked out just fine.

12. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

I had several. Me and the airlines pulled the handles off every one of them several times. I finally discovered http://www.ziegeleng.com and never looked back. Ziegel has about a zillion standard models and will make you anything they don't have. Best case there is IMHO.

Charlie

13. Claysmoke27

Claysmoke27 Member

I have talked/emailed the folks at Negrini. At this time they have NO distibutor in the US, however, they will sell direct to you.
    Also, I bought a Negrini case from Jeffs Outfitters and found it to be lacking in many ways, and not nearly as protective as a John Hall.
    There may be some other/better Negrini case in their line, but they seem pretty light duty to me.

14. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I had a John Hall case for several years....great for thier compactness but had trouble with the locks so sold it and bought a Pelican/Browning Travel Vault. That was almost 20 years ago. Still using it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.