1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

prairie dog hunting?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Don Nelson, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don Nelson

Don Nelson Member

We are wanting to go to south dakota around winner area this memorial holiday
    does any body have contact info or know of the best place dont mind paying just want a good place, have 5 shooters

thanks don nelson

2. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

Don Nelson,
    Memorial Day weekend is a great time to go. Take it from me, just find an Indian reservation and pay them to hunt. It pays dividends and hot barrels!

Matt

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Rosebud Indian Reservation just west of Winner. Be careful of the Rattlers but otherwise itis awesome. I never paid anybody. The Indians love you to come shoot them

4. rifle guy

rifle guy TS Member

I have gone to a private pasture just north of valentine nebraska in south dakota, just on the southern edge of the rosebud reservation. great hunting and nice places to stay in valentine. would recomend the area but sorry I dont have any details right now without doing some deep digging around the desk.

5. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

The thought of somebody wanting to shoot those cute prarie doggies makes me want to cry. Boohoohoo

6. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

PETA is busy harrassing that jockey.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If you are on reservation land, deeded land, ceded or leased land you have to have a guide. This includes much land outside the reservation boundaries. rosebud website has a list of guides, mash the link.

get references. If you hit it right you will be hurrying home to load more shells for the next trip.

Spend some time in the greasy spoons and feed stores if you want free shooting.

I have had good luck with private people, and never paid a guide. I used to hunt the Rosebud,and can take you many places for good shooting. They jput the guide requirement in to provide employment for their denizens.

check the list and get references.

HM

8. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

halfmile,

I saw the prices for the tags on that site, how much do the guides charge? Or do you find a guide on your own? Sounds interesting...

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I am damn sick and tired of PETA.<br>
    <br>
    When do we get to hunt liberals with dogs?

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The guides charge what ever they want. To some extent, you get what you pay for.

50 a day and up is the norm. Sometimes they want to give you their cell number and leave you. Don't let that happen!

A friend almost got ticketed because his guide went somewhere and a game warden showed up. There was a whole lot of fast talking before it got resolved. It will be YOUR FAULT, not the guide's.

You could go on the predator masters forum and inquire, you might get some references there.

I might add here that some guides would like the dumb easterner to think 40 acres of dogs will last 2 hunters all day.

Some guides will be busy with turkey hunters, a few are genuine, guiding hunters of all species year around.

Call a couple and ask them for references.

HM

11. Don Nelson

Don Nelson Member

thank you for all the info keep it coming
    nobody has any contact info to set this up begore we arrive?

thanks Don Nelson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.