1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Practice ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 635 G, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I belong to a club that I have access to the range 24/7. I 'm starting a new practice session of shooting 25 from each station, before shooting 25 from the next station. I'm doing this for both singles & caps. My Practice will start to consist of 250 targets when the weather cools off. Would I be better off just trying to mimic an actual competition,by shooting 5 from each station & moving on to the next station. I shoot early mornings to avoid the heat.

Lou

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

The purpose of practice should be to "groove your move". This what all athletes do to refine the various techniques required for their sports. This comes from repetitions. To accomplish this you should consider locking the trap into particular target presentations and then shoot those presentation over and over from the same post until you have patterned your successes into your mind and muscles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.