1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Practice with small gauge for Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BigM-Perazzi, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

The obvious question to your question would be, define "acceptable". The occasional 25 or so is always possible. But, I have not seen any results for 1000 bird tournaments.....

and, the expense! .28 gauge...wow!

Jim

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Ronbo---Remember you asked!!! Small guages are so much more to shoot cost wise. Why not just load light 12 guage loads for practice?----Matt

3. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Agrula makes a 5/8 oz 12 ga shell if you want to try them. They will break targets @ 27 yrds but not hard I did a test with them 20 shells 1 pr doubles each position and 2 targets each position @ 27 yrds my final score was 19 the one I missed was a rushed shot. They work but not really a good choice for competion. As far as practice I could not tell where my shots were by the hits so I think a bit more shot would be better.

Joe

4. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

IMHO, I only practice using equipment I'll be using in tournament...want to replicate what would be goin on there. This is a game of repetition, the guy that can go the most, miss the least, be the winner...consistancy and repetition.
    Break em all, puablo

5. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

GF-- maybe you should shoot them all the time.

That appears to be more targets than you can break with standard ammo (based on your ATA performance)

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

PK, will you stop dragging GF's scores out of the closet-that's my job!!

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

The best practice is Competition.....anything else don't count!!

Curt

8. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Come out to the North Hollywood .22 Challenge and see how you do with a single pellet.

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Back when I lost 2/3rds of my strength in my left arm due to a pinched nerve, I couldn't hold up a 12ga gun easily through a round. So I built a 7/8ths scale trap gun in 20ga, using a 12ga monte carlo buttstock. After some initial getting used to it, my scores were the same as my 12ga. This was for singles. I dunno if I could make the same statement for handicap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.