1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Practice trap shooting in your house?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by imissone, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imissone

imissone TS Member

I was wondering if there is a way to pratice trap without actually
    going to the range?
    Are there any products out there that would allow you to practice trap shooting in your house. Something that goes on the wall? An electronic shooting game?
    thanks
    imissone

2. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Pricey, I'm sure...and I've heard its not all that great...but that's hearsay.

3. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I tried that but it was hell on the sheetrock and the wife got really unset about it.

4. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Order a Terry Jordan wall chart. The best and cheapest practice that you can get. Does not require electricity or a computer. Is quiet. AND it works. John

5. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Picture of Rosie on the basement wall will do just fine!

6. imissone

imissone TS Member

At a $1000.oo does anybody have one?
    How well does it work?

7. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I remember playing around with one of those at the Grand 5 or 6 years ago. It was pretty neat and considering they are still selling them, they must work fairly well. If not, word would have already got out theat they were junk.

Jeff

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I used to have one of these video games that I connected to my projection screen TV. I think the name of the game was "Duck Hunt" - all the birds started from the center and you had to hit them. I think there was a clays game in there somewhere also.

Jay

9. Otter

Otter TS Member

I have a Dry Fire and have used it for the past two years. I have shot for 4 years now and currently am a A27A shooter. (Actually 26 yard because I just took a reduction off the 27) My sucesss speaks for itself.

I also have just installed a Terry Jordan wall chart because I think it will help me smooth out my gun swing better than the Dry Fire. This winter I will alternate between the two. Next year will be my Grand Slam goal year !

Luxor

10. piddie

piddie TS Member

I use the holographic method available within all of us if we would just surrender our selves to the whole. You can shoot targets all day for free if you just enter into the dreamstate you experience each night.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about my new method...

Question 1: Piddie, what the "f" are you taking about?
    Answer: You need to be more specific.

Question 2: Piddie, are you just saying visualize the targets? That's been done by all athletes for years.
    Answer: But it wurks better if you pay me for the same advise!

Question 3: Piddie, Do you know the secret? Are you peddling the same for your own monitary gain?
    Answer: NO!!! And, well, I can assure you I'm only interested in your success. Not in how much I gain promissing you success!

Question 4: Piddie, does your advise work as well for the lady shooters
    as it does for the males?
    Answer: I specifically target lady shooters, get lost if you're overly happy with other boys.

piddle

11. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Here is a link to Terry Jordan's Wall Chart web site. Great tool. Bill Malcolm

billz thanked this.
  12. lighthouse

lighthouse Member

try above site

13. ron (vt)

ron (vt) Member

Lighthouse,

No offense, but you're a sick puppy...................................

14. tlea

tlea TS Member

Well there's http://indigo.ie/~gerryq/Skeet/skeet.htm which is really shooting a flurry of trap targets.

There's http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,1598-order,1-page,1-c,sports/description.html

And there's http://www.freeworldgroup.com/games/clay/indexnochat.htm

Should keep you busy for a while.

15. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I use the Dryfire overlayed on a Jordan chart. I think it's the best device around for training. I'm AA/27. It's a hell-of-a-lot cheaper than shooting 50,000 real targets a year, once you get over the up front cost. There is not very much differance between the system and real shooting, except recoil, if it's set up right. It can be as easy or as difficult as one desires. It's not a toy or video game, and you do need a powerful computer to make it run correctly.

Besides, we spend $5-10K on a shotgun, what's a few more bucks. If you don't like it you can always sell it here. This is where I bought mine.

16. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

To Imissone.

E-mail me and I will send you the directions and related material for using the Wall Chart free. There are 768 Wall Charts in use. Often there are several chart users in one family and lots are used by SCTP coaches. I think there are well over a thousand chart users. I get letters or phone calls from shooters almost every month that are very happy with the results working on the chart has brought to their game.

The Wall Charts are also bought and used by lots of shooters that are at the very top of their game. I just sold a chart to a 27 yarder that shot great handicap all week at the Grand and hit a 100 in doubles. He just wanted to stay sharp and work with the gun each day to try and maintain the level he is at now.

Terry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to practice trap in your house

practice shooting in house

practicing trap and skeet in winter