1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Practice excersises.......

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Wolfman, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

I am looking for ideas on how to practice to become a better shooter. Any ideas would be warmly welcomed. I am specifically looking for shooting exercises like hard lefts and rights, protection, etc to be used with a small group to improve sight picture, gun movement, etc. Any 'head' exercises would be nifty also.

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Search "Wall Chart"

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The easy answer is to practice what you want to get good at. I fyou want to be a better "trap" shooter, then practice all the disciplines. If you want to be a good singles shooter, spend yor time, effort, an money pratcicing singles. Same holds true for handicap and doubles. And make sure your equipment matches your desire.

4. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

This might help. PM or email me, Bruce Maxwell was kind enough to send me some info as well.

Dave Eberhart
    dceberhart@gmail.com

5. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Thanks to all for your ideas. Dave - especially your Bruce Maxwell list. Some good ideas in there, and I'll follow them. Any other suggestions would be warmly received.

6. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hi!
    Load your shells light. Recoil is only detructive, not positive. This will allow your head to not get bumped off the stock, will reduce flinching, and allow you to concentrate on swing, the bird, and follow-thru. 7/8, 16 gr. Clays, cheapie 209 primer, CB grey wad, and Rem gun clubs. Wonderful, effective "batting practice" load. Take practice seriously, also. While cutting up, picking on each other, yakking, etc. can be fun, it's not good practice. 7/8 is also easy on the pocketbook. You can load a whole slough of shells with that recipe. Chart your scores if you want, or keep scoresheets if allowed, and study them afterwards. Note your bad stations, and also the weather cond's. Everybody is different, not everything works for some as others. But set up a routine, and stick with it for a while.
    Good luck to you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.