1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

powder variance

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nut, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nut

nut Member

On my mec 9000 the powder is dropping perfect but after 100 to 150 shells it starts to get lighter by up 1 grain. The loader is grounded the brass washer is not moving because i took it out I have tried dryer sheets, large bottle, powder baffle, no powder baffle, small bottle. I even refill the powder after every 50 shells I'am lost on what to do next. I'am using 700x have used it for 25 years. I used a mec grabber for the past 20 years until I bought the 9000 both where used on automates.

2. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

How are you weighing the powder drops?

Jim Skeel

3. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Nut,

Observe the screw in the charge bar. As it moves from right to left on the downstroke, does it go all the way to the left? It should. If not, an adjustment on the adjusting rod will remedy that. Could be a quick fix. Also, make sure that you execute a smooth movement downward on the handle, and hesitate there just a bit allowing the powder bushing to empty completely each time. Put the powder baffle on Ebay at your soonest opportunity and take the first offer. More tips will show uo here soon also.

Jon Reitz

4. FLIP

FLIP Member

i have had no problems with my baffle, check for full movement to left on bar good luck

5. nut

nut Member

The screw is going all the way. The loader is on an automate so its same movement every time. I use an electronic scale and a manual scale witch i celebrate with scale check weights. thanks for the help.

6. Bill D.

Bill D. Member

I own a 9000H and had the same problem but not as drastic as yours. My problem turned out to be the screw on the charge bar. The more T loaded the screw would turn it self in causing the bar not to slide all the way. I backed out the screw added a little lock-tite and reinserted it so that the head of the screw would nit interfear with the operation. All I can say is it fixed my problem. Good Luck
    Bill

7. FLIP

FLIP Member

take the powder bottle off and watch the bar move to the left make sure it goes under the bottle hole all the way, had to shave mine down to load tightgroup, good luck

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I'd slow down the bar travel time as it goes from shot to powder drops. That contributes to powder drop consistency too. Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.