1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Powder usage chart?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Other than Hodgdon who has a usage chart? As I age I forget which powders can be used for what gauge and for which sport. I tried to post the chart but couldn't get it to post so click on url for list. If you know of a list for others(IMR etc.) please let me know. Jackie

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Simple. Fast powders for shotgun and pistol, slow powders for rifle.

I do not have the ability to conceive of a powder difference for sporting clay over trap or skeet. I load for 1150 FPS for singles and skeet, and 1235 for Handicapand sporties.

The link will get you a nice chart to further confuse you. Always use a published recipe, always use a scale.

HM

3. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

IMR Powders: 700x fast burning used for 1 oz, 1 1/8 oz loads, PB slower burning and best for 1 1/8 loads, 7625 slower yet good for high speed handicap and 1 1/4 oz. field loads, 4756 their slowest shotgun powder and good for 20 GA, and 28 GA. as well as 12 GA. magnum loads. Hope that helps. BRGII

4. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

IMR has a "powder profile" page:
    <center>[​IMG]</img></center>
    The chart is a table of links that won't work in my screencap so you'll need to visit the web site to use it.

Morgan

5. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Found this chart in another part of the IMR web site:
    <center>[​IMG]</img></center>
    Morgan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.