1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

powder/shot hopper tube lenght

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by JimBond, Jan 7, 2017.

1. JimBond

JimBond TS Member

I picked up a ponsness 375 that was missing the tubes. So instead of dropping almost $50 to get two tubes shipped to my door I picked up a 6' tube for $38 but am unsure how long to make them. So does anyone here have a ponsness, or any shotshell reloader that uses that style of tube, mind pulling out a tape ruler and measuring theirs.

2. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

I would think that 6 would be minimum for both. Thinking more like 10 inches each.

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

If possible I would try to find the original lengths. My P/W's powder and shot hoppers will run out at the same time which makes it convenient. They run 1 lb of powder to 25 lbs of shot. Which in turn is a min. of 1 flat of shells.

4. JimBond

JimBond TS Member

that's actually what im shooting for. Just waiting for someone to chime in with how tall theres are

5. DDRanch

DDRanch Member

Just measured the tubes on my 375 and they are 8" long.

6. JPM

JPM Active Member

I have 4 PW 375's. I just measured each of them. Three of them have 12 inch tubes and one has 8 inch tubes. JPM

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I have the 800+ so they are one piece.

8. 10Goal

10Goal Active Member

I have a 375C and the tubes are 12". The machine is low-mileage, and I believe the tubes to be original.