1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Powder Creek Shooting Park

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 8708, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8708

8708 Member

I'm moving to the KC area soon. Anyone on her associated with Powder Creek Shooting Park? I would like to learn more about your club.

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Glad you asked. I'm Tim Bruggeman, and I'm on the Board of Directors.

We're located in the Lenexa area, which is on the southwest side of the KC metro area, on the Kansas side.

Most of what you need to know is on our website.

We've been around since 1949, and are a member-owned club. You do not need to be a member to shoot, but we'd sure love to have you join. Membership is $150 a year and affords you reduced pricing on rounds, makes you eligible for member-only events, and (for me anyway) gives the satisfaction of contributing to keeping open the only shooting club in the area that is within city limits, and is open 51 hours a week (during most of the year. We do have reduced winter hours.)

We have four trap fields, all with new or nearly-new PAT Traps, three skeet fields, and (I think) the best sporting clays course in the metro area, with twelve stations, all with Promatic machines.

We host regular ATA events and NSSA events throughout the year. We have had an SCTP program since 2001.

Come on out next time you're in town and have a look. Send me a PM and I'll try to meet you out there if I'm available.

There's also a great trap range (with I think 10 traps and a couple skeet fields) near Smithville, MO called KCTA. Another great place to shoot in the KC Metro area. Lynn Gipson runs a good club up there, has a LOT of ATA events, and has one of the best selections of trap guns in the metro area.

Where will you be living in the KC metro?

Tim

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Oh, I forgot to mention, we have spring, summer, and fall Thursday night trap leagues that attract usually 20 to 25 teams, and just started a sporting clays league this fall that was a lot of fun.

4. 8708

8708 Member

Thanks Tim. Actually I have just purcahsed a home in Shawnee not too far from the club. I have driven thru the club a few week ago while looking for housing...I just stumbled on the place and had to look. I will stop by and get to know you. Looking forward to it.

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

We'll be neighbors. I live in Shawnee too, near 67th & Quivira.

Looking forward to it as well,

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

powder creed spring 200 skeet results