1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Powder Creek 3/30/2008

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dennisw, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

Did anybody get a flyer for this shoot? I emailed Powder Creek and they said they were mailed, sorry i didn't get one and they would put me on the mailing list, they didnt seem to care if i got one for this shoot. They did say targets were $38.00 is that right?? what does that include? Any trophies?

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Dennis,

See my post on the event.

Targets will be $31 and that amount includes sales tax and the KTA fee.

There is also the $2.00 daily ATA fee.

I just talked to Kevin Maloan, the new club manager, and he's still working out the details of prizes. The good thing is he's working with the Olathe Bass Pro store who is really anxious to support the club, so I think they're likely to be Bass Pro gift certificates or merchandise.

Call the club Tuesday and talk to Kevin if you have more questions.

We really want to improve our image with local ATA shooters.

We've upgraded with a brand new PAT Trap earlier this month, so that makes three. Plus, we've added a lot of fill dirt in front of the traps houses over the past couple of years, so the wind currents will be less likely to affect the targets.

We won't be limiting the shoot to 2 traps as was done in the past. Depending on the number of shooters, we may shoot on as many as 4 traps.

Hope you can make it.

Tim

3. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Tim, is there information on the PC website by chance? we never get their flyers anymore. Haven't been there in a while either. I would sure like to see an email database for Kansas where clubs could send information to a central email location and flyers sent via email. I know with the cost of things clubs can't just send to everyone........but certainly, email could be a wonderful tool. It could be done once a week or so and make the deadline for emailing say on Monday night so they could be sent out every Tues.

If anyone else thinks this would be advantageous I would be willing to be the central location and start collecting emails....I will simply start a new yahoo location so that all that is received there is club info so it will not be lost in the sea of other stuff.......I think if a shooter wants to go to a shoot, they need to have all the information about shoots in Kansas at their disposal, for that matter, in other states in the area.

Lorna

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Lorna,

Unfortunately, between the new management, still trying to find stuff after the old management left, and trying to take over control of the website (that had been contracted out, but just wasn't working well) the website is currently in a state of change.

The new office manager is pretty sharp and I think ultimately she'll get it sorted out.

But for now, its not where we want it to be.

I'll ask Kevin to get you guys and Dennis on the mailing list.

Tim

5. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

Thanks Tim, also Thanks for the other post will all the info

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.