1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Powder coated Gracoil by Tron

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Setterman, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Since I'm a "recoil wussy", I decided to have Tron install a GraCoil on my Blaser. Tron suggested a black powder coat to match the frame. As you can see, he did a great job again. I also had him change out the comb hardware. I've had issues with the comb coming loose with the original Blaser hardware. The gun was a soft shooter before the Gracoil, now it's really a sweet shooter.

And, he did it all in less than a week!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Setterman, that job really looks great! That Tronster guy is talented in many areas, even fishing/trolling I've heard!

I shot a friends Blaser combo with the single barrel and I only missed one target with his gun! Beginning at the 16, I proceeded all the way back to around 30 yards and crushed clays at every yardage! I can only imagine how little felt recoil yours has now!

Hap

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Yeah but Hap... you are a pro...

John. Nice job on the pics and for Jose's work. Good stuff for sure. Did you put a release in this gun?

4. Setterman

No. I don't shoot a release.....yet. I hope I never have to go there. I shot the Blaser yesterday at 2 Meat shoots (16 and 20 yards). Very soft shooter.

5. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

I saw some of Joe's work in progress last week when I visited his shop. It's all good!

Steve

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Nice job Tron. Good looking Blaser Setterman.

You know the only way Hap hit those targets with his buddies Blaser was to adjust the machine to show more face on the targets. {:0) LMAO

Come on tell the truth Hap. We ain't fall'n for your games.

Matt

7. Hap MecTweaks

LOL, Matt, the trap was set according to Hoyle, er Has Been, that's just posted a gem on Dennis's thread also. The plate matched all the numbers posted in degrees by Has Been so the math don't lie at all! All I did was place a 4X4 under the front of the machine and bingo-bango, magic???? Now that some face to shoot a load at!! :)

Hap

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

That is a pretty gun.

9. grntitan

Hap--I understand completely. Its one of those "Do as i say...not as i do" things. I understand. My daddy raised no dummy........Matt

10. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Looks real good with the black receiver.

11. Setterman

When I picked up the Blaser, I dropped off my 3200. He's installing an adjustable comb and lengthening out the LOP. That was Friday.

My 3200 will be ready to pick up Wednesday. Now that's SERVICE.

12. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Hap, locals tell me that was a bridge timber not a 4x4 that was stuck under the front of the trap!

13. grntitan

pheasantmaster--'Ol Gene don't fool anyone. Especially those of us that really know him. He preaches to me but doesn't practice his own sermon. LOL

Come on Hap now. How much face was really shown if you hit 'em all?--Matt

14. Hap MecTweaks

Matt, I missed one! They were happy faces though!:)

Pmaster, that mighta been a chunk of railroad tie I threw under it, maybe 4' foot long and I mistakenly put the other 4" in there above? :) You recall (Shooting with the Stars?) Dan B. shooting those cloud climbers on the numbered grid? Grids are good, takes lotsa face though.

Hap

15. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

WOW!! I love how that all black looks!! I may now be in the market for a Blaser, though I have never shot one.

16. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Thanks John and eveyone else for the nice comments. I really like the newer Blasers with their beefier stock dimensions and barrel options that are now available. Probably the best out of box trigger out there bar none. The materials that the gun is made of are top notch and the fit and finish are as good as any.

Jb

17. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I've heard the same. People that I know that have looked at the blaser say it's a really great gun.

18. Prettywood

Prettywood Member

Hey Tron, Practice make perfect, right? How 'bout powder coatin' that Club Car snow plow blade for me! It'll make for some awesome photo's to be shared by all...I'll even be real nice to Kitty when I come to get it!...Promise...Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.