1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Poulsbo Wa PITA/ATA Marathon Shoot<-June 17th

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by revsublime, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

even though i work weekend graveyard...count me in. who needs sleep?

email sent

2. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Im excited...I'll finally get my classification and get out of B class. Just wonder how I'll do with the new gun as i wont get much chance to try it out before hand.

3. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Im shooting a 36 yr old BT99...loose a goose but locks up tight and got me my first 25. took me 3 months to get it after fighting with a Lanber 28" field gun that for the life of me I couldnt get to fit. Nice lil scar on my cheek bone.

Love the BT but it's seen better days. Hoping to have an SKB 85tss combo by this week.

4. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

I'm coming off of my season low 91 in singles at ESC, so I expect good targets Drew!! LOL

5. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

you read my mind!! One of the handicaps I had my head so far up my --- because the scorer was one of the cutest I'd seen in a long time, as long as this doesn't happen at the state then whatever LOL

6. JStephens

JStephens TS Member

I don't know how you can throw "perfect" targets without a radar gun UNLESS you happen to catch a day that is absolute still perfect weather with absolutely no wind whatsoever. This rarely ever happens in Eastern Washington, maybe in Western Washington it is the norm.

I get a Big chuckle out of the folks who do not think a good radar gun is not an asset to target setting. Most are completely ignorant....and yes, some do not know where to get an accurate consistant reading, which can make radar gun readings not accurate. If you are using a gun and you see the bird is flying past the 50yd stake...you'd better check what you are doing...maybe the batteries are getting low or you are trying to read the target in the wrong place. I don't like to read at the T bar for at most clubs you can pick up cars in the background.

I've set targets in weather conditions that you would have to speed up the targets to nearly 60mph to get them to fly to the stake....do you want to shoot these? With a Good quality radar gun, you can go up the line, set them all at 42.5-42.8 off the front edge of the house and you will have consistant targets on the entire field. If I'm setting a "bungee" Pat, I'd start off a bit slower for they will usually climb in speed as they warm up.

Sure you can set targets without a radar gun, and they did it for years without them....but if you have a little bit of a clue....they are an asset.

John

7. JStephens

JStephens TS Member

Big Jim,

I don't doubt for one minute that you guys don't throw good targets and your shoot sounds like it is a load of fun...and I also hope it is a great success. I would gladly help you set targets for it sounds like I may learn a thing or two...and I'd even bring coffee and fat pills : )

The point I was making is the fact that a Good Quality Radar gun (not one of those $150 cheapies) and with just a little bit of knowledge where to read the target will get you a consistant target in all weather conditions, no matter what the background is or the surroundings. Technology is a good thing most times...I'm sure the railroad has installed a few items over the past 50 years that has made the job easier or more proficient??

Anyway...we can agree to disagree. It's just comments like "damm radar guns" and "Cowboys with radar guns strapped to their hips" that make me chuckle....as if they are useless. In my opinion, especially in adverse weather, you cannot throw a consistant target without the guns, and when you are setting 16 traps it sure helps.

That is nice the newer Pat's have a place to hold the guns....unfortunately most clubs don't have those.

Shoot well, and we'll talk to you later,

John Stephens

8. JStephens

JStephens TS Member

Jim & Drew,

You both are correct in your assesment, maybe I did not fully understand your position and Drew I appreciate the acknowledgements. I'm not the last word on these Radar Guns, I was just stating they can be used as a usefull tool. If you see someone who is using one incorrectly you may try and give them some construction criticism, but then usually a guy tells you that you are number "one" and to mind your own business....I know it takes about one of those to make a guy never want to try and help again.

Again I hope you guys have a great shoot....and Jim, I'm going to try and find my Holster to wear for the State shoot here in a couple of weeks : )....I hope to see you both there.

All the Best,

John Stephens

WSTA President

9. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

500 singles right drew? Does the Weather look good?

10. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

So far so good...partly cloudy high of 69. *knock on wood*

11. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Holy Cow! I better buy more ammo. hehehe

12. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Think I emailed you...hope i did.

13. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

I emailed you right? haha

14. BlackBelt

BlackBelt TS Member

Cole - now you've done it - you're toast. If I ever get in a shootoff with you, I'll just make sure they bring in "Miss Teen America" wearing slinky clothes to keep score hahah!!

Drew - John and his crew at Spokane are just about the best I've ever experienced when it comes to target setting. Spokane and Poulsbo are my two most favorite clubs because I KNOW that I will get quality legal targets. Both clubs rank #1 in proper target setting (IMHO).

Not sure if I can make it on the 4th - won't return from the Western Canadian Open (Victoria - SVIR) until the 3rd, so that will be cutting it close - trying to make a shoot on the next day.

I'd love to be there though - would be kinda fun to take money from Daro and Mark haha!!

Terry Diener
    PITA Director

15. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

For your information I've got in a shootoff with a cute girl from MO in a shootoff down in Arizona, I sneaked away with a 50x50 (to this day I still don't know how I did it) LOL

16. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

How is the weather looking? And just how inclement of weather are we talking about that will cancel the shoot?

Would hate to leave work early tonight, grab a few hours sleep...take a ferry ride and find out it was "too inclement".

Brian

17. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Phew! That's what I wanted to hear. I wont melt.

Happy shooting to us all!

18. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Woooooohooooo! I survived! Well, i still have to go to work. :( and wasnt too happy about having to drive 'round the Tacoma way (as opposed to waiting an hour and a half for next ferry), but i made it home before my bladder exploded (dang energy drinks are seriously diuretic!)

Thanks to Drew & the gang for putting on a wonderful event! Targets were HUGE! and if I wasnt so tired I'm sure I woulda had my first 100 straight....well, ok...maybe my first 50 straight. :)

Looking forward to seein' ya'll on the 4th for another excellent shoot!

Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.