1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Poulsbo, 4th of July Shoot Biggest Little

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by $$$SHTR, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Hey Drew,

As long as the program hasn't gone to the printers as yet, let's think about some changes. Let's not water everything down so much!! This is only a three trap small club and usually only about 10 squads. Let's have 3 classes in singles and doubles and each class shoots for their own money, but only pay the top gun. In the handicap use the $9.00 from each entry to create two different pots, $4.50 for the yardage group and $4.50 for the handicap champion. Again, only pay the top gun. On the 25's and 50's, let's make them $5.00 for each 25 ($20.00) and 50 ($15.00) but again, only pay the top gun in each. Trapshooters drive a $50,000 car, shoot a $14,000 gun, then want to split a $3.00 option 3 ways. Let's break the mold and start a new way to write programs and start rewarding the top scores. This is not little league, we are all adults, and everyone should not get a prize for showing up.

Tomas

2. Lyle

Lyle Member

Tomas,

I agree.

Lyle

3. Lyle

Lyle Member

Ted,

I agee.

Lyle

4. Lyle

Lyle Member

Or agree......whichever.

5. Lyle

Lyle Member

I wish you well Drew. I hope you have a good time. I think I will be shooting locally that day so I'll just stop stirring the pot now.
    However, I think the money is spread out too far. This last weekend at the Idaho State I played the 50's option and it paid 50-30-20. I hit the "20" part of that pay system and I think the payout was something like $7. Pretty pathetic. I would be an advocate of rewarding the folks who actually shot well and not me in this case with a 46 of 50.
    I would hope that if I were to have hit the best score on that 50 that I would receive enough to pay for some shells and entries at the next shoot. If the cash is spread so thin, there is seldom ever a winner in terms of cash.

I hope you smoke a few.

Lyle

6. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Pretty sure I'll be heading over. Waiting to hear from my two shooting buddies so we can squad together if possible.

This shoot will be a godsend for me since I work weekend graveyard shift.

The marathon shoot coming up will deprive me of lotsa sleep...but hey...we will sleep enough when dead, no? :)

7. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Emailed MaryJane with squadding info for 3 of us.

Question about the gift cert shoot-off. That will be done from our respective hdcp's, I assume..?

8. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

This is going to be the best shoot of the year in the nortwest. Targets set to the best legal target that can be thrown. Great background. Great program with $9.00 per entry returned to the shooters, big money option, and trophies to boot. Ted is giving American Flag pins as attendence pins and I've decided that the pins should be on an all American cap. So, in addition to the pins, each contestant will also receive a free Captain America cap. Also, some of the best oatmeal cookies (free) in the world. All American grilled hot dogs for lunch. Don't miss this shoot. Mark your calendars now.

Tomas

9. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

My buddy went last year and said it was a great, well-run shoot. I am looking forward to it...and hopefully I will be used to my new-to-me gun by then!

10. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Im excited to get back to this club. Easily my favorite place to shoot so far. Was hoping the marathon a few weeks back would get me out of the un-classified B class that PITA shooters start in. Turns out those targets are so easy to hit that I'm going straight into B class. doh! hehe

Watch out you B Classers! Im comin' for ya!

Brian

11. JStephens

JStephens TS Member

Hey Drew....

How many squads do you have so far?

Kim and I may up for a road trip.

John

12. JStephens

JStephens TS Member

Drew,

We got our Motel reservation, will get into town late tonight....Please let Mary Jane know I'm going to take post 2 with Daro & Jim......

See you there...I like home made Huckleberry Pie also : )

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.