1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential scam alert !!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 635 G, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Just checked my E-mail---Was informed by Manaager Bennet Purvis that DHL was unable to deliver a package containg a new 15" Apple i-mac. Please open the attachment. The first word of the message was Hello. Did not know my name. Nothing indicated it came from DHL. Lord only knows what would have happned if I opened the attachment? I hit delete.

Phil Berkowitz

2. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I'm not th Lord but I know what was in that attachment. One of those was opened at work and it contained over 70 different Trojans, malware and viruses. Took the IT guys several hours to clean two machines. DHL, UPS and FedEx never send emails unless you sign up for the service.

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

You dummy. I'm sitting here enjoying my new 15" Mac FOC and you're going to look a gift horse in the mouth??

4. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Apple has not made a 15" iMac for years. Current model smallest screen is 21.5"

SW

5. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

I got one this morning from fed-ex. I guess with the holidays rapidly approaching the scammers are attempting to take advantage of us. The sad part is that I really am expecting a Fed-ex package. Kim

6. bocephus

bocephus Member

this has been going around for about a year now

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

DHL hasn't done any domestic shipping in nearly a year now. They only do the international stuff now.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.