1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

POSTING YOU REAL NAME HERE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hauxfan, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

My name is...........Jose Jimenez..........

Hauxfan!

2. Laudygirl

Laudygirl TS Member

Because we are owners of weapons that the Dems will want to take from us. Why make it easy for them?

3. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Jim,

Just because I am paranoid does not mean there is no threat.

Old Texas Marine

4. JOND

JOND TS Member

Could thieves then find your address and steal expensive guns? JOND

5. shadow

shadow Active Member

I could use my nickname, but no body actually LIKES a "Possum".

6. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

Bond... James Bond..007!!

7. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

Bond ...James Bond ...007!!

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

My real name is nobody. Since I wanted to be somebody here, I had to come up with a ficticious sign on..

9. prairieviper

prairieviper Active Member

I belong to a lot of forums and message boards and this is the only one where this seems to be an issue. I would never post my real name on an internet message board or forum for a lot of reasons but in short, I just do not want to open myself up for any kind of harrassment or inconvenience. There are enough weirdos in real life to deal with without my increasing my risks by posting personal information on the internet.

10. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

For the same reason some people wear aluminum hats.

11. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

good question,,,,lots of good answers,,,Mickey Mouse,,,,

12. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I agree, Elvis P.

13. newcastle

newcastle Member

Every sight I'm aware of asks for screen name and password,If I'm closing a deal on this site, ebay, ect. Then the buyer or seller gets name, address, ect. Screen names work fine for me.

14. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Damnit llano,

Now I have to clean the coffee spill from my keyboard and desk. Lol.

This subject gets rehashed every year or so. I do sign my real name at times, when I deem it's called for. Anyone that needs to know who I am or what my name is already knows.

ec90t

15. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

My name is Real Name

16. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Fixer, I've argued your position a number of times here and I can't debate the paranoia issue but simply choose not to join that club. The best argument I've dealt with has been identity theft concerns and I've always begged those that worry about I.D. theft by putting their name on the board for a true and accurate method that posting our name can lead to that crime. Not one individual yet has been able to demonstrate how that can happen and one of the persons claims to be a special investigator for that precise crime. Another fellow took offense to my questions and just left the forum in some sort of fit. I've been on here since the late '90s and have always used my real name without any issues. I invite, still, anyone to educate me to the increased potential of I.D. theft by posting my name here.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

17. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

My real name is Lamb Chop.............

But I sign my postings.....

Jim C

18. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

I am in coplete agreement and will sign.....I P Daily

19. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Jim, I would never ever sign my real name here for two or three important reasons. 1. People would find out who I am and "make me pay" for my off the wall and trolling questions and comments. 2. I forget the second reason. 3. You'd find out where I live and make me make good on that IOU I left with you for repairing that McPherson pin in my M-12.

Regards,

David Buchman

20. crusha

crusha TS Member

Some of the more poignant posts I read on TS.com, are times when you see folks on here talking about their health problems, things they're really worried about, and asking other's advice about it.

In the Brave New World, do you want anyone with a computer (prospective employers, insurance companies, government bureaucrats, etc.) to be able to Google your name, and come up with a goldmine of self-authored revelations about your medical history?

Because if you tie your name to your posts, they can do it, you know.

Leaving on a dove-shooting trip to Argentina next week, and want to ask everyone's opinion on what to take with you? Want to post your real name? Want everyone with a computer know when you'll be gone?

This ain't Mayberry, it's the internet. (Heck, there are even people from Nigeria here).

gunfixer,

In my experience here, the only reason someone asks the question you are asking right now, is because someone else has said something that pissed them off, and it makes them mad & they'd like to know who it really is.

Otherwise, how could it possibly matter?

So what was it? What's getting under your skin?

Examine your reasons for giving a sh!t. You may find your answer right there. Here's a better answer - don't take personally what anyone says, and then it won't matter to you anymore (which it obviously does right now).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.