1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Posting Someones Real Name. Good or Bad?????????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Auctioneer, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that if you know someones real name here on Ts.com you do not post it unless that person says its OK. I have been told it is an unwritten rule that it is not right to do so whether you personal know the person or not. It is only up to them to do so. Is this right or wrong?

2. missed some

missed some TS Member

and the penalty is??

3. missed some

missed some TS Member

and the penalty is??

4. missed some

missed some TS Member

some people are really brave, and cocky when there name is unknown, sometimes it calms them down when people know who they are. mark crist

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I have nothing to hide from... only good experiences from my affiiation on TS.com! I "outted" myself a long time ago here...

Jay Spitz

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Auctioneer--For once i agree with you. I know many users real names here that don't ever post their real name. I won't post it either unless they tell me its ok even if they have pi$$ed me off. That part has been tried already. Its kinda one of those honoring your word things with me. I do however think if you want people to take you serious and believe all the stuff you post, you should sign it just like a letter. Otherwise who knows if its believeable or not--Matt Parker

7. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

There are lots of people on the internet that are not nice people or honest as we generally are. I avoid real names in public domans. For example, a guy at such and such a club has 5 really nice Ljutics, and wants to sell one. Say the guy posts that he will be on vacation, so he cannot answer his email for three weeks. With a real name out front, and a town, and pictures , etc, the bad guy know he has three weeks of opportunity to help himself to the mans house, and knows what to steal. What I just posted DOES happen, even the thieves are hi tech these days.

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Common courtesy. If someone wants their name known they will post it, and I will respect that. Bulge.

9. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Well, I for one am proud of the fact that after all this time, nobody on this forum knows who I really am or where I live or what I do or how many Cats I own...etc. I am an enigma and will always be just that.

Regards from Iowa,

Tron

10. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

Please don't post my name.

[​IMG]

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

mike campbell--you really need to quit hiding behind your user name.

Tron--i googled you and it keeps coming up some 80's arcade game. are you sure you are even real? I think your just a computer generated character.

12. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Grntitan, come back later Tron is busy.... said he was happy he was getting an enema....or something

13. GW22

GW22 Active Member

They call me Tyrone

...Tyrone Shoelaces

[​IMG]

Regards from Harlem

14. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

I dont mind posting my name even with my outstanding warrants. I just dont know if theres enough room for two drs on this forum.
    Chris Teeters aka (Dr Teet Teeters)

15. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Jeepers, Tron, there goes Iowa's good name! lol

Hauxfan!

16. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I have used my name since I first started posting here on T.S., sure hope I'm NOT inviting some criminal to do me bad. I try to be honest in any posts or deals I make. I want friends NOT enemies. Have bought , sold & traded many things over several years here, ALL with good results. Ross Puls

17. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

One thing you never want to do is post your home phone number on the internet. If you do it's quite easy to get your home address. I'm not sure about cell phones, and names, but it is probably best to be careful and keep it confidential. It is not the folks that belong to the forum that you have to worry about as much as people with looking to scam or steal.

18. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I notice that some who say they use their real name, have screen names. I used my real name, until there was an incident, then went to a screen name, like most. There are many of our friends here who engage in business and for that reason, post their name, since it's out there anyway. For the most part, especially considering your name and address is published in the Averages Book, I'm betting your attorney or banker would advise against advertising your identity on a world wide forum such as Trapshooter's.

Consider this: Just a month or so ago there was a dust-up between a couple of folks over some sort of trade/sale, I believe involving a loading press or some such, and as the post count, and hysteria ramped up, there was a fellow from the same area offering to go punch the bad guy out.

The moderator(s) of this website and your friends know your identity, and in my view that's sufficient. We're offered a PM option on this and most internet forums with legitimate contact possible, and easy.

Remember: just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you......grin.....best.....mike

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Anybody who is anybody knows who I am and thats all that matters to me ... I have posted my name, address, home phone, cell phone, yet nobody calls or visits so why bother ..? I respect a persons right to post or not post his or her name ... If they don't, I won't ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Can someone please post my name? I forget who I am.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bolivar kagass